Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Korvara] Special resource buildings.
So, people who play on Korvara likely know that Duyuei has a water purifier, which makes pure water. 

Now my gripes with it is that for one, Duyuei folks restrict it to themselves, and monopolies are fairly annoying and more importantly, as far as I know, its the only thing of its kind. Which is why I suggest to add 'resource generating structures' to other factions.  

For example, geode or zoa mine for Geladyne, a hartshorn garden for Telegrad, and a... I dont know. Maybe mindstars for Meiaquar? Im not too good with either. But yeah, the concept is to give each faction a resource they can have in abundace so they can have a bargaining chip with other factions, rather than making one faction objectively better because they get easy rare resource.
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
You can acquire Pure Water by farming Lost Beach.

Moving on, Mindstars should be Meiaquar monopoly resource, Iron Plates for Geladynians', and Zoa for Telegrads.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
>You can acquire Pure Water by farming Lost Beach.
Its not about the pure water, its about the principle. Why does Duyuei get to be a special snowflake area with a mechanical benefit?

>Moving on, Mindstars should be Meiaquar monopoly resource, Iron Plates for Geladynians', and Zoa for Telegrads.

But you dont farm zoas, and telegrad is clearly a farm nation. And I feel like iron plates arent that rare, or as usefull as other things
Zoas are a weird idol.

We don't need faction specific resources. WE need resources in more neutral locations so people can fight over and try to claim them.
(07-21-2022, 12:48 AM)FaeLenx Wrote: Zoas are a weird idol.

We don't need faction specific resources. WE need resources in more neutral locations so people can fight over and try to claim them.
Sure, neutral location resources would be nice too
(07-19-2022, 09:59 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: >You can acquire Pure Water by farming Lost Beach.
Its not about the pure water, its about the principle. Why does Duyuei get to be a special snowflake area with a mechanical benefit?

>Moving on, Mindstars should be Meiaquar monopoly resource, Iron Plates for Geladynians', and Zoa for Telegrads.

But you dont farm zoas, and telegrad is clearly a farm nation. And I feel like iron plates arent that rare, or as usefull as other things
 They got it because that's how Dev made it, maybe instead of complaining that you don't have immediate access to something that has been mentioned to be difficult to get to, to which people already treat the wastes as an amusement park instead of the dangerous place that it's supposed to, which just makes Duyuei look like a joke now because of that complaint. Go farm the beach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThatOneHop's post:
  • Snake
(07-21-2022, 02:31 PM)ThatOneHop Wrote:
(07-19-2022, 09:59 PM)adamkad1 Wrote: >You can acquire Pure Water by farming Lost Beach.

They got it because that's how Dev made it, maybe instead of complaining that you don't have immediate access to something that has been mentioned to be difficult to get to, to which people already treat the wastes as an amusement park instead of the dangerous place that it's supposed to, which just makes Duyuei look like a joke now because of that complaint. Go farm the beach.

This post has lost the plot.

People treat the wastes like an amusement park instead of a dangerous area because that's how dev made it. It's a great place to be, fun for the family, and mechanically the opposite of dangerous. It's the most rewarding place to be. IC will always, in some way, follow mechanics. That's how games like this work.
[-] The following 2 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Pyro, Tana
(07-21-2022, 02:31 PM)ThatOneHop Wrote:

I dont know if you understood it from the reply, but I couldnt care less about the pure water itself. The problem is that one faction gets a mechanical advantage for no reason whatsoever. Though its an interesting concept, and could drive inter-faction RP if it wasnt exclusive to only one faction.