Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spell thief cheat sheet
Please can we have a button in the class menu to steal spells from classes we have unlocked and put SP into. This provides no mechanical benefit but would be an immense QoL feature for spell thiefs.
[-] The following 4 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Fern, HaTeD, Sawrock, Shujin
That defeats the whole purpose of what the class does???
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
you still have monster spells....and you still have the actual lockout benefit of stealing midfight.
While I understand the want for it, I do gotta agree it defeats the whole purpose especially when you can just get a friend to let you steal them real quick in private usually.
But doesn't stealing them from a friend in private ooc'ly also defeat the intended point for the class? Most people to my knowledge play ST as a "build-your-own mage" type deal rather than actually playing into the class gimmick (an unfortunate consequence to how clunky stealing random spells is in an actual combat scenario). I personally don't think just resorting to the idea of "just grab a friend" to be ideal every time you want to make small adjustments to your spell lineup (or accidently lose spells to class changing, LE, or spirit loss) is the best way to go about it. 

I remember seeing the idea of having a menu where you can re-equip spells you've stolen in the past as a possible fix to the issue from a QoL standpoint, while not eliminating the spellthief fantasy from the equation. Something kind of like the FFXIV Blue magic menu is what I was thinking of. It might also help rectify the issue of people not using spell snatch/snatch spell in actual fights due to messing up your desired spell lineup, since if you can reslot things after the fight I feel people would be a lot more inclined to do so.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 4 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • FaeLenx, Fern, HaTeD, Shujin
Spellthief ease of use is always better. There's no reason this should be something gated behind one cool friend with an alt with the spells you need to meet in a shady, unwalked alleyway every time you change into the class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • HaTeD