Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dancer-Physical Dance path addon
Heart 
Introduction:
I have played dancer for a bit now, seen most of its Flaws and where it shines and have tested various 'styles' from the Impure Element Spam machine to the Impure Element all elemental dancer, to the Illuminary Idol step dancer of dorky destruction.
I think I have a decent enough understanding of it to make a fairly educated judgment on how it FEELS to play. Others had the chance to play in beta tests and have probably even more experience with it.

Is it a strong Class?
Yes, but at the same time no. When it works, it works WAY too much. But if it doesn't work for example a lack of hit chance it's just almost useless.

This makes it a very Frustrating experience overall. I personally do not like using super overpowered shit. Big Numbers do the happy Chemicals and get a giggle out of you, but its not really FUN to play with or play against. It just ends stuff too quickly or makes you not really feel like you had Strategy and earned it, but you are rather just abusing the fact that your opponent did not specifically build to counter you.

However with how most new classes are, things will eventually be toned down and adjusted after watching it enough, so I won't really bother with another Balance Fu topic about the current stuff, instead I want to suggest an alternate Path to put your points into...because for all that dancer brings to the table, only one skill, actually feels to me like a real good dancer Skill: Double Dance!
That skill is pure beauty in its simplicity, but actually makes you dance WITH A PARTNER. And I think thats something dancer should do so I will suggest a bunch of skills that I think would be FUN to play with...And I also finally want my Sword dancer archetype so there is ONE SKILL that I will actually want to change, cause I hate it so much...Its just an INCH away of being good and what I want. 

SKILL CHANGES:
There is only one skill I want to actually change in how it works, cause...Just why is it that way that it is? Unarmed:

SKATING SPIN
Quote:-change to rank 3 max (optional, but I am gonna add a few skills here, and it might be more interesting that way, over Elemental dancers)

Make it a BASIC attack slide, using your WEAPON of choice. If fist weapon add kick damage. So it actually matters what weapon a dancer wields
If you dualwield weapons, you perform two basic attacks but each with half power.

Reasoning:
This makes it an slightly more flexible Sidecut like move, but has the downsides of not getting boosted by Elemental Impacts effects or Flottment/Voltiger

Dualwielding weapons is usually weaker than raw SWA memes, but it gives the chance for double crit=9M so I think that gives it good value without making skills like sidecut or twin dance useless and still having its own unique identity. Given that it goes against armor twice that way its technically weaker, but the on hit effects/double crit chance might be worth the trade off. (gimme my sword/fan dancer :gunSmile

Thats it about that one the rest are...

NEW ACTIVE SKILLS:

Turtle Waltz:

Quote:3 Ranks (Swift Guard Lv 10/20/30)
6 Range (so 8 with the Dancer passive)
Support

Dance Skill. You choose a partner within range. Both will move towards each other and meet in the middle passing each other, swapping sides (Back to Back if possible).
This will apply Swift Guard on both (Reduced Damage, without reduced Evade, functions like guard otherwise) Lv based on Rank.
Can be used on a Charmed opponent as well, but they receive a basic attack from the back instead of swiftguard and if they had guard up it will be undone but not broken.(If possible)

Explaination:
Basically it works similar like that Chess move where the King and Rook change positions. This makes it really good for BK/dancers as another option to get close to your defendy and give them some survival power untill their turn comes in. Has great tactical uses for Protector types and you also shield each others backs cause together you are stronger!
The charm effect is just cool, cause I kinda like playing around with charmed enemies...Its funny and also makes sense! also probably great synergy for assassins.
Like Double Dance, this skill will not be boosted by Tempo in either way. Opening options to actually use dancer as subclass without feeling like you miss out on everything it actually does well.

Swallows Ballet:
Quote:3 Ranks
5 Range (7 with passive)
(SWA 90%/100%/110%)

Dance Skill. Choose one Ally (Except yourself) with this skill. Both will perform a Dynamic line Basic Attack ending with both swapping positions and attacking everyone in the line once. 
Can be used on a Charmed Opponent, to swap positions and trade attacks.

Explanation:
basically the same targeting as Ice Slide, except you can only select an ally. In essence it works similar to Double Dance just in a line attack instead of a aoe around you. This skill is meant to be used in either one of two ways:
1.) the obvious attack everyone inbetween
2.) as a helping mobility tool for your teammates!
You could take the front with a dance and then back out again, helping a friend with little head start. Would take your whole turn but I think its a strategic tool thats quite useful, and I love Tactically useful skills in my tactic games.
Also not boosted by Tempo in any means, like Double Dance.

Dynamic Duo
Quote:Rank 3
range 5
Support
(10/20/30 HP +5/10/+15 hit/crit)
You select one ally (Except yourself). You and that Ally will receive the 'Dance Partner' permanent buff for the rest of the battle, this Skill can be only used once in combat.  You and your dance partner receive a hit buff based on rank if you are within 5 tiles range of one another, additionally each time your partner is choose with a Dance Skill, both of you heal HP based on rank.
Charmed enemies can also be choosen as Dancepartners, they however receive a debuff and 30 Damage each time they are choosen with a Dance skill.

Explanation:
Basically you decide once in Combat to go full synergy support with someone in your Party/Charmed Opponent, and get benefits from staying close to one another and using skills on them. I think this could be really fun mechanic and probably not too strong either.

Passive SKILLS:

Love is Pain
Quote:1 Rank

While equipped, hitting a charmed enemy has a 30+Scaled Will chance to NOT reduce the level of charm by one when you deal damage to them.

Explaination: Straight forward enough. I see dancers as fairly charming people who could get away easier with hitting you cause they cute. Enough said.

INNATE SKILLS:

Dancers Curves:
Quote:Rank 1
MC only skill

Your movements and body language is something...Else.
You may inflict charme on opponents that you usually couldn't (Except bosses).
Additionally you are so graceful in your movements that people who see you defeat someone have a chance to be inflicted with charme (allies too) level Tempo*5

Explaination:
Black Knights Knights Indimitation Mirror skill...If the spooky knight can fear the fearless, then the sexy dancer should be able to charme the uncharmeable!

I probably have some more ideas, around charme play but these skills would already add so much value to the class outside of spamming just the same moves  over and over again.
[-] The following 5 users Like Shujin's post:
  • adamkad1, Autumn, Kameron8, Lolzytripd, Snake
I won't comment on the specific balance of any of the abilities, but I will say that Double Dance is my favorite skill in the game, and that additional non-mage options like these would be the thing I would want MOST for the class. +1 from me.
This is blessed.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah. TBH, with most of the problem children (Global Quaking Tap, Idol step, Rest Beat) having been hit in the groin, Dancer is. . . ./KIND OF/ lackluster.

All of its good pieces are from its base class, and a lot of stuff could be just. .. Better.

Skating Spin could scale better

Rose toss could have its momentum cost reduced so you can actually use it to trigger One-Two step after one-two stepping.

And just in general it could stand to have more attacky skills, as listed here. It's supposed to be the aggro one, and it feels like its just some tacked on buffs for its base class. Which, I feel, is a problem both Dancer and Performer suffer
I fully advocate for this! I want to see 'honey and darling' from the n64 zelda games on the battlefield living it up as a lovers duo!
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water