Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging Hyattr with its Prayer Buff
Hyattrs have been in a less than ideal spot for a little while now, they're not necessarily bad by any means, but their fire breath does leave a lot to be desired (Mostly in the big number department, for its potential 9m cost), in Korvara you are unable to access something that actually makes Fire Breath a serviceable option: The Blessing of Hyatt prayer buff.

If it is necessary that prayer buffs are not to be a thing in Korvara, then I would like to propose that Hyattrs receive the benefits of Blessing of Hyatt in their passives somehow, and that the prayer buff remains as it's base effect. (+LV*2 to Cinder levels)

This would allow Fire Breath to not have to rely on the prayer buff to be a bit better than it is, as I feel that a feature inaccessible to one part of the game shouldn't be the defining line of what makes fire breath serviceable or not.

Quote:Blessing of Hyatt - Prayer Status. Boosts the LV of cinders you create by LV*2. For Hyattr, increases the damage dealt by Fire Breath by LV*4% of your Fire ATK. (Max LV: 5)

Ideally both of these passives are moved into Hyattr's kit naturally, and Blessing of Hyatt can either remain the same or have the Hyattr specific portion removed, I don't think anyone would mind either way.

Naturally this means that you'd probably boost the fire ATK scaling portion of Channel Destruction to 120% (Though I doubt anyone would argue for it being 150% if tied specifically to Channel Destruction), and if possible, potentially allowing Hyattr's Channel Destruction or Disaster Potential trait to increase Cinder LVs for Fire Breath specifically.

That should be all, thanks for reading.
[-] The following 4 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Pyro, Shujin, Snake
Honestly, the prayer could still stay as is while Hyattr gets those by default and you'd still see the race lacking. It's too full of bandaid fixes and things that add on and add on in hope to fix the key problem, which is a horrible base to sustain all of the boons it gets.

So, tl;dr, I agree.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Wow I was actually typing up a please make fire breath not the worst move in the game dev its been years please thread myself, and here you are having beaten me to it.

I just think Fire Breath needs to have similar scaling to other racial moves. Level + sanc is so ridiculously bad. And its base accuracy is 80 I imagine, since it uses no weapon. Amalgama get a bajillion racials, and their special moves do 100% SWA + 100% Of the corresponding element. Hyattyr need to have a very specific fire attack build, and to use 9m just to get one decent, and easily dodged fire breath out. And fire breath costs 50 fp on top of that!
Edit: Actually I think its HALF level + Sanc without any buffs active. . .