Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bows need a quick fix
Bows are not in a great spot since being moved over to Strength scaling, and were put in a worse spot when Farshot penalty was increased, I would like to remedy this issue with a system change for all bows (Excluding crossbows), this would target specifically natural bows and not anything mutated such as Tamaki Shuriken, so rest assured that the mythical 30 range bow will still having farshot issues.

Here is the change I recommend personally:

Quote:About Bows:

Bows can fire from a safe distance but have troubles hitting up close, if you are targeting an enemy in 1 range (Melee range) your hit is halved. (Added) Bows require good aim and a good arm to fire effectively, bows (excluding Crossbows) lose less hit from the Farshot Penalty according to the User's STR stat instead of their GUI Stat. (-1 To the farshot penalty every 4 STR.) (60 scaled STR is still required to remove Farshot penalty completely)

Thanks for reading, please consider this thread.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Dezark, HaTeD, Snake
I'd be up for this personally, since people are typically building alot of str to use already, this'll make it a bit easier on folk which is all around needed
+1
I really think bows are the worst weapon type in the game right now, so i'd be all for this. They don't get any two hand or steady bonuses, they don't get to be made of metal, and they have a terrible base crit multiplier, and annoying scaling.
As much as I like the common idea of making bows skill scaling by default, it's not a great idea balance wise. This idea would make the sort of weird scaling for crazy range trade actually worthwhile, and make bows' slightly weird current position a bit more balanced.

On a side note, the close shot talent would probably need to change in some way to accommodate this change, as it would be functionally useless on any bow user heavily invested in strength (aka every one of them after a change such as this).
(08-31-2022, 12:45 PM)renowner Wrote: I really think bows are the worst weapon type in the game right now, so i'd be all for this. They don't get any two hand or steady bonuses, they don't get to be made of metal, and they have a terrible base crit multiplier, and annoying scaling.

now hold on, wood types have their own cool bonuses, bows have the most passive support from the archer class and some wide varierty of parts. Now I still agree with amber, but I dont want you to exxagerate how bad they actually are.
(08-31-2022, 03:40 PM)sadbot Wrote: As much as I like the common idea of making bows skill scaling by default, it's not a great idea balance wise. This idea would make the sort of weird scaling for crazy range trade actually worthwhile, and make bows' slightly weird current position a bit more balanced.

On a side note, the close shot talent would probably need to change in some way to accommodate this change, as it would be functionally useless on any bow user heavily invested in strength (aka every one of them after a change such as this).
Close Shot's talent just reduces the hit penalty for 1 range. I'm not sure how strength or this change applies, given bows already lose half hit at 1 range.
Oh my bad, I keep getting mixed up and thinking it reduces farshot penalty by a percentage.