CoruscareUwu

Character Name

Filia

Request Type

Unique Appearance

Request Details

Redtail ears and a tail on an Amalgana.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable):

I'm porting a character over from other mediums and I've decided this race/appearance combination fits the best for them.

First, for the character. The character in general works the absolute best when her outside appearance is adorable/cute as it allows her internal issues and freakish nature to become more of a contrast than it would otherwise. The redtail ear and tails (as well as her fennec nature outside of SL2) allowed some semblance of small/weakness which gives that contrast in a really strong manner. The other character justification is simply that she was always a fennec fox in other incarnations of the character and it simply makes it easier for her continuity to be at least partially one here as well.

For the RP, I think it's rather easy to imagine that a homonculi creator would make their creation look like something they find visually pleasing. That would be a very easy in character justification for the confusion, that being that her creator had their own preferences and made her look that way for their own reasons. In world, she would have been made to be a pencil pusher, so it would have been left up to the scientist quite a bit rather than having them be a big strong salamander or something similar.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request:

The reasons that I listed above I think answer this question as well. The contrast, the scientist doing what they wish, those sort of things would explain the character sort of easily. 
Can I ask why you couldn't just make a redtail instead? Your reason seems to have a very heavy focus on the characters personality vs having any real need for the ears and tail outside of wanting to match a playby.

I'm not too keen of promoting that all NPC homunculi creators are just these mad artists that make whatever monster mashup homunculi they feel like despite this being a rather popular trend among player creators.
[Image: tenor.gif]
(09-13-2022, 09:45 AM)K Peculier Wrote: Can I ask why you couldn't just make a redtail instead? Your reason seems to have a very heavy focus on the characters personality vs having any real need for the ears and tail outside of wanting to match a playby.

I'm not too keen of promoting that all NPC homunculi creators are just these mad artists that make whatever monster mashup homunculi they feel like despite this being a rather popular trend among player creators.

I think the first part kinda covers it a bit. Filia, the character, generally works best when they've got a more nice looking outside appearance that contrasts heavily with the internal issues that make up their character. In the past, I've incarnated this as a curse before, but in Korvara it likely works pretty well as her being an amalgana or chimera, something that has issues keeping itself together.

This is partially because the character is often used as sort of a reflection of different issues that people see in the real world, issues that are often more hidden in nature. She reflects some of the mental struggles that people encounter, ones that people often don't often believe at first since the outward appearance looks fine. In that order, it makes the most sense that the character's appearance itself is cutesy. Amalgana would work better than redtail if I had to pick a race in that regard, but I think the character loses something if they're not able to be stereotyped by people on their first look.

I could even get a player character creator to probably want to make this too if that's going to be an issue. I don't think that would be that difficult though I think calling it a monster mashup goes a bit far, it's not like I'm trying to combine a bunch of different characteristics from different races. 

On a more personal level, this character is one that's a bit near and dear to me and changing up their racial characteristics would feel pretty strange. I come from the furry world so this wouldn't really be a 'thing' there and the character is established enough that without these characteristics it'd be weird for me personally.

If it helps, she was going to be a shapeshifter too, class wise.
I guess you could fluff the tails and ears as some sort of fire-fox shapeshift install deal if you were dedicated on having them.

Just to be sure, the playby you intend on using isin't actually a full on furry right? It's just the ears and tail? As this isn't a furry world.

I fear you aren't really going to get that "stereotyped by people on their first look" kind of stigma very often if at all from most players outside of close friends as homunculi are very often used for cases like this to the point where its super common.
Nah it's not full on furry, I have a pseudo profile already made when I had a night with nothing better to do.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments...height=676

Never left the starting zone naturally, but it was fun to experiment and all.

It's more to go for the harmless look at first, that kind of 'stereotype' as it were.

(Though I do need to note in the profile the lower ears aren't there or photoshop it. I never got around to it.)
Ok then. Go for it, I don't see too big an issue if its just that.

Do make a note in the profile about it.
Thank you for the time, have a good night!