Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Conflict, Roleplay, and OOC
Hello, all. Apologies if I get any formatting wrong, I'm certainly not used to making a post like this.

To be honest, dozens of little things have been bugging me ever since I rejoined SL2 to play Korvara. Korvara was touted as different, it was touted as a place for player-driven RP and progress, rather than the relatively stale state of the Great Six that can only ever have 'change' with the intervention of GMs or Eventmins. A place where players made the story of the world, and not just their own stories within said world. This is what brought me back to SL2 after a multiple year hiatus, and what also brought swarms and swarms of new players, eager to see if Korvara could live up to its promises.

Most of those new players have now left. Of those who have not, many are considering it. Korvara is not in the state it was advertised as- or rather, the rules are not in a proper state to allow Korvara to be in the state it was advertised as. SL2 and conflict have always been at odds with each-other, for good and for bad. The mainland did not often allow for organic conflict that truly felt organic, whether it be miles of red tape in the way between you and anything close to an 'event' for your character occurring, the lackadaisical rules allowing for many such matters to descend into little more than carnivals for onlookers who would deride your character's story into little more than funny quips, or simply the stagnant world around them, where the Onigan war always happened x years ago. All of these issues, and more, kept Sigrogana's conflict from ever truly feeling organic.

Korvara was the solution, or- at least, it seemed to be. No more player housing-districts, where most would hide away to do private rp, away from the stagnant world around them. No more would said stagnant world seep into every aspect of roleplay. The players were the rulers, the players the lore-writers, the players the drivers of conflict. This was exciting, this brought plenty of people disillusioned with the state of Sigrogana back to the game, and plenty of people who had never given Sigrogana a chance, a way to see the game at its (hopeful) best.

Things have not turned out this way. Korvara is, in all honesty, a mess. The Rules for Conflict, even as they have been recently revised, are not tight enough to offer the conflict and player-driven roleplay that was offered. My main points of contention come down to the ever-prevailing presence of the mystical non-player-characters, as well as the forewarning afforded (or not afforded) to players for significant moments of RP that their characters should reasonably be around for.

To begin with, the presence of NPCs, while sensible, does little to nothing to enrich the roleplaying experience. In the Great Six? I can make the concession that they are necessary. Players are the adventurers, the trouble-makers, and the leaders are so far above everyone that the mere mention of the Guard Captain would leave criminals wary, the idea of facing waves after waves of mobs to dissuade trouble in major cities, while perhaps not the most entertaining prospect, was one that undeniably made sense in a world that players were little more than onlookers in.

It does not make sense in a world where players are those leaders. Where the head of the Guards is not a mystical level 90 creature meant to come in the most dire of circumstances to stomp out any troublemakers, where the head of the Guard is a man named Clement, a player, with his own backstory, his own ambitions, goals, traits- his own place in the world. The presence of NPCs undermines this. It undermines the efforts the player characters make to change this supposedly changeable world, to mold it, to have a place, as they were promised. Some cases are understandable, of course. Prisons must be guarded, whether a player is there or not, along with many other examples.

However, simply using them as a hand-waving excuse for every little issue or conflict, is stale. Player characters efforts can be undermined with the simple knowledge that no matter what they do, the NPCs outnumber them. Realistically? The solution to this problem is doubtless a complicated one, but I feel it's certainly one to be discussed.

Secondly, the forewarning (or lack thereof) to groups dealing with things they should realistically be aware of is horrendous. Getting a bit more personal here, it is TWICE that Beggar's Hole has been encroached upon by Geladynian forces without forewarning given OOCly to appropriate parties, and this is not only terrible for every person playing at Beggar's Hole, but terrible for the state of conflict as a whole. If Korvara is meant to be a conflict, roleplay driven continent, Geladyne's current conflict with Meiaquar and Beggar's Hole is the most action it has seen on this front. To undermine it with acts like unannounced conflict, while other players have to go through loopholes including at least 24 hour forewarnings to GMs and pleading their cases to make such moves on 'bigger' settlements/nations, due to- again- NPCs, it seems downright mean-spirited to not afford a player-run faction at least some OOC notice so their players can prepare. This is not the only such case of such a thing occurring, either. With a GM's permission, Geladyne's jail was raided while Beggar's Hole and Geladyne were in mild conflict, and many took to the Discord chat to discuss how such matters were unacceptable, and air their ire with the perpetrators that Geladyne was not given proper forewarning. Many of these were the same people who had come to Beggar's Hole with much the same warning: none.

None of my gripes are against the playerbase, nor the GMs, nor the Developer. They're simply against how conflict has been handled thus far, and I post this only in the hopes that it will go more smoothly in the future, and to invite discussion as to how it may do so. If you read all of this, thank you for your time.

TL;DR: Conflict in its current state has proven to be a messy endeavor, and strives should be made to ensure it is smoother in the future, on both an OOC and IC scale.
092: Requiem for a Fallen Angel
Communication has never been this community's strong point. Probably as a result of being divided into little enclaves in the private housing districts. Its something that needs a firm hand to slap people into actually talking to one another rather than trying to stab each other in the back as much OOC as they do IC. Because only one of those is fun.

Otherwise, this post is right. And I hope people see it.
[-] The following 7 users Like Kazzy's post:
  • Chugma, HaTeD, MegaBlues, PossumParty, Shujin, Snake, Soul_Hacker
We need word from above on how such things are to be handled. Proper rules that allow conflict to feel fair. Honestly my biggest gripe with sl2 as a whole is the intense fear of missing out that every player faces. People work, sleep, and god forbid they play alts. They should be able to have a presence while offline and everyone should be aware of it, and they should be warned before an event involving them happens.

But this is left to the goodwill of players. In fact, literally everything is except the (very helpful) scene locking rules. We need more rules because if we had a war right now I feel like it would take a ton of effort and magnanimity from the players and a miracle for even just the majority of people involved being happy with the outcome.

You've hit the nail on the head with these issues and I really hope we move to fix them. I do not blame dev for these issues but I do believe only he can truly fix them for good, even if only in small part. We need:
- Precise guidelines on the presence and impact of npcs
- rules on forewarning before conflict.
- a way to know what presence there is at certain locations. People like our boi claude able to say "I guard the jail" and that being known. Same thing with a place like the outpost.
- an idea of what war looks like. Victory conditions, logistics, what people can do to help

I would like to add that korvara to me has been incredibly enjoyable despite all the clunkiness and issues surrounding conflict. It has been some of the most fun i've had period, and I have high hopes for its future
[-] The following 11 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Autumn, Chugma, HaTeD, Imotepchief, MegaBlues, Miller, PossumParty, Sawrock, Snake, Somnolent Nova, Soul_Hacker
I was on an alt when Beggar's Hole was raided the 2nd time.

When my character, ICly, LIVES in Beggar's Hole.

As soon as I noticed something fucky was going on, I immediately logged onto Gormon and.. guess what?

"Scene lock."

I did nothing besides walk out of the building. And due to the nature of "Nope. No forewarning for raids".. I don't get to RP at all. If our teams had both lost, 8 people would have been kidnapped in a scene lock where a lot more people, IC, would have stepped in.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rendar's post:
  • HaTeD, Poruku, PossumParty, Snake, Soul_Hacker
I am concerned, mostly, about fair treatment.

As another consent-icizen of Beggar's Hole, we are quite aware that we are not a fully fleshed out city like others. However the wall that we seem to run into in our progress is how we're supposed to develop from there. Civilizations and countries usually start from a gathering of communities and go from there. We do have quite an active community of player characters.

The question is not just for us, but for others who are planning on making their own settlements:

- What do we have to do to be considered a nation?
- How to be taken more seriously in our development?

I don't mind if people want to start a conflict with us. None of us do, which is why the participating fighters were willing to accept death if the situation escalated. I just want to be dealt an even hand and do as Korvara advertised and leave a mark on the world. Whether it takes one week or one year, so long as me and the people in our faction are given a chance to work towards something, we're perfectly okay. None of this sets a good preface for other players who want to make their own little corner of the world a slice of home.

One of my plans was a blueprint for more buildings (an infirmary, barracks, town center for merchants, and maybe even a museum and library for art for culture). Would that give us more of a population? Would people want to flock to it? Would we get our own NPCs? These are the base ingredients for a society. I feel like if NPCs are such a prevelant and strong point to why some things cannot kick off, then we should be afforded the same opportunities during our struggle to become part of the international (inter-continental?) neighborhood.

Another part is that even if we do get steamrolled by other countries, please at least coordinate with us in a way that will feel good for both parties! Korvara World War I sounds fucking lit. Imagine for the first time in ages, there's a player-driven conflict that people will talk about later down the line. But this can't happen with vague solutions. As Polk said earlier, wars are won with logistics, clear goals and objectives to be reached, along with rules of engagement would make this fine.
call me lover boy.   Heart
[-] The following 9 users Like Somnolent Nova's post:
  • Chugma, HaTeD, Imotepchief, MegaBlues, PossumParty, Shujin, Snake, Soul_Hacker, Taco938
The OP makes a lot of vague points that I don't really agree with, and it seems like this post is more about the Geladynian raids on Beggar's Hole than anything else. Although I don't know much of that situation at all, it does seem like very shady practice to raid an established location like that with no notice or forewarning of any kind. If this happened to any of the major nations there would be a public outcry. This does raise a couple of questions though:

• Does Beggar's hole have NPC guards, or an NPC or player driven watch of any kind? I'm assuming not given the OP's talk on NPCs and their usage. This kind of excuses the no notice if so, though an activity post/ping of some kind should probably still be made for such an event and I couldn't find one anywhere.
  • Was the scene locking mentioned actually started only once conflict began? If people were getting locked out just in the time that it took them to relog on another character that would be present at the time of the raid, I can only assume that people were claiming that there was a scene lock before conflict even began, or they deliberately started conflict very quickly in an effort to abuse the scene lock rules and prevent themselves from getting outnumbered or overwhelmed.

Another major point to be made here in regards to scene locking, is that Beggar's hole is arguably not a valid location to initiate a scene lock in the first place. It's debatable if somewhere like Beggar's hole would be subject to it or not, but this part of the ruling comes to mind:

Exceptions to Scene Locking
  1. If the conflict is started in town or other area where NPCs are likely to be, this rule does not apply. (This is most places in towns with the exception of areas such as sewers. The reasoning being that, in this scenario, it actually is conceivable that someone would notice what's happening in a reasonable time frame to cause interference.)
If nothing else, it would be a valid exception for those that literally live in Beggar's Hole to not be blocked from participating via scene lock.
Everyone wanting to be around for every little thing happening is indeed a problem. The simple fact of the matter is that you will miss out on most things happening around the sim and there is nothing you can do about that. The server is on for 24 hours a day. People in different timezones exist. They have just as much or little claim to being involved in every event that occurs as the rest of you.

Quote:When my character, ICly, LIVES in Beggar's Hole.

As soon as I noticed something fucky was going on, I immediately logged onto Gormon and.. guess what?

"Scene lock."

This is going to be common in almost every situation that involves conflict for the exact reason you mentioned. When people hear, through any means, that something 'fucky' is going on, they go there. It doesn't matter where they were, what they were doing, in what context they feel they 'deserve' to be there, every situation that has remained unlocked has featured a large number of people who show up to gawk and complicate matters with what could be a scene that's done in a matter of minutes. This isn't specific to Beggar's Hole. I was scene locked out of the first coup in Geladyne and kinda just went and did my own thing for a while because the overall situation was still going to be there later. Every roleplay community has some form of this.

Quote:I did nothing besides walk out of the building. And due to the nature of "Nope. No forewarning for raids".. I don't get to RP at all.

You didn't have RP before. You didn't get it afterwards. Nothing was taken from you.

Quote:If our teams had both lost, 8 people would have been kidnapped in a scene lock where a lot more people, IC, would have stepped in.

This is thankfully not many other RP environments and, had they come up with some actual goal to keep ALL 8 people for, it would have been at most for a day unless they wanted to stay longer. There's a reason there have been so many jailbreaks in Geladyne.

Quote:To undermine it with acts like unannounced conflict, while other players have to go through loopholes including at least 24 hour forewarnings to GMs and pleading their cases to make such moves on 'bigger' settlements/nations, due to- again- NPCs, it seems downright mean-spirited to not afford a player-run faction at least some OOC notice so their players can prepare. This is not the only such case of such a thing occurring, either. With a GM's permission, Geladyne's jail was raided while Beggar's Hole and Geladyne were in mild conflict, and many took to the Discord chat to discuss how such matters were unacceptable, and air their ire with the perpetrators that Geladyne was not given proper forewarning. Many of these were the same people who had come to Beggar's Hole with much the same warning: none.

These aren't the same situation at all. The simplest reasoning will help you reach that conclusion: What would have happened if nobody showed up or nobody responded? In Geladyne going to Beggar's Hole, Geladyne would have done nothing, gotten nothing, and really just had to walk home. In Meiaquar's situation going into Geladyne? They would have achieved some goal that they were looking to win with in the absence of any response. In the former, the group that went was looking for Roleplay that could only exist with interaction. In the latter, they were looking to win something that would be defaulted upon in the absence of interaction. For the same reason I would need to contact a GM if I wanted to blow up a bridge or vandalize a statue, people need to contact a GM to do anything that NEEDS some sort of interaction beyond what the players currently present can provide.

The real end result here is that nobody had any reason to complain about how things were carried out or handled. People seem to default on discord for their preferred conflict resolution method when the rules state the choices are mechanical, dice, or RP for some reason, though, so that's to be expected.

Quote:One of my plans was a blueprint for more buildings (an infirmary, barracks, town center for merchants, and maybe even a museum and library for art for culture). Would that give us more of a population? Would people want to flock to it? Would we get our own NPCs? These are the base ingredients for a society. I feel like if NPCs are such a prevelant and strong point to why some things cannot kick off, then we should be afforded the same opportunities during our struggle to become part of the international (inter-continental?) neighborhood.

The place is literally named Beggar's Hole, a location picked because of its close proximity to smuggler NPCs and ramshackle appearance as far as the casual observer could determine. It's a community that exists because this overall OOC community loves memes and silly villains, because we love Black Falcons that talk about their unrequited love as they get beaten and recycled into the exact same black falcon for a later event, because we love Sawrock and his hand drawn maniacs who deliver equine fantasies into our inventories, and because we love bandits that ask for consent as a joke about the consent rules on the sim. If you would start trying to gussy up the place to be more serious so that you could win, then what even is the point? What even is the culture? Is it some anomalous, silly place where you can rob each other in the streets but for some reason merchants still want to come? Is it some place that makes a museum to a history it doesn't have? A barracks for thieves? An infirmary for- That actually is a good idea. They would probably need one.

The issue here is that you all did decide on what Beggar's Hole was going to be. In every interaction, every establishing moment, and every development it's been put forward as a silly, fun place where people can go to get rowdy and the Beggar's have their Hole. It's a vaguely lawless place with an honor of thieves sort of establishing order. It is a small place. Nobody decided what it would be but the people who went there.

I'm not sure what overall conversations went on with deciding what you could or couldn't do with the GMs. I assume it's a GM conversation you're referring to to determine that there's an actual problem because if it's just random people then you can just tell them to shove it and do what you want. But so far the general rule isn't that you need a certain level of NPCs or Culture or serious points or players or etcetera or this or that to get stuff done. It's just that you be reasonable with what you try to do when it affects other people. What is or isn't reasonable is a standard I hate to consider but so far it is the one that GMs and players and everyone else seek to use for the larger sort of rules governing how the lore develops with people. But...

When the previous Premier declared that they have a secret service of NPCs that beat every PC that was trying to stop them from hauling a corpse through the street, they were told that that was unreasonable.

If Beggar's Hole was told that they couldn't stage a solitary war against Geladyne because that's unreasonable as well... Then...

I can't really disagree with the GMs on that. Maybe I don't like it because it seems subjective, but with the barest scrutiny in good faith they are holding everyone up to the same general standard.

Quote: But this can't happen with vague solutions. As Polk said earlier, wars are won with logistics, clear goals and objectives to be reached, along with rules of engagement would make this fine.

I do agree with this. I've brought it up with people before. Some of those people are on the other side of this conflict from me. Some of those people also disagreed on the need for clear rules for how these things should be handled. Candidly, I didn't push the topic after the fact because I knew this exact discussion would happen the first time there was even the smallest, least important conflict. As it stands, there is currently conflict, no players have any clear rules for how to proceed, and any attempt to establish rules will be met with cries of trying to game the system because of bias or go against the aforementioned reason for meme PVP results.

If you feel like you can provide an actual, actionable solution for how this conflict be processed please provide it. I've got some good data from the War Games that even in a situation where nobody loses anything, everyone hates something though. Do understand that however the rules are set up, they will also be used against you. Good luck. I will be more than happy to give my thoughts on whatever you come up with and how I personally would abuse it to win and assume everyone else would too.
[-] The following 2 users Like FaeLenx's post:
  • Autumn, Trexmaster
(09-06-2022, 05:36 PM)FaeLenx Wrote: Everyone wanting to be around for every little thing happening is indeed a problem. The simple fact of the matter is that you will miss out on most things happening around the sim and there is nothing you can do about that. The server is on for 24 hours a day. People in different timezones exist. They have just as much or little claim to being involved in every event that occurs as the rest of you.

Quote:When my character, ICly, LIVES in Beggar's Hole.

"Scene lock."

This is going to be common in almost every situation that involves conflict for the exact reason you mentioned. When people hear, through any means, that something 'fucky' is going on, they go there. It doesn't matter where they were, what they were doing, in what context they feel they 'deserve' to be there, every situation that has remained unlocked has featured a large number of people who show up to gawk and complicate matters with what could be a scene that's done in a matter of minutes. This isn't specific to Beggar's Hole. I was scene locked out of the first coup in Geladyne and kinda just went and did my own thing for a while because the overall situation was still going to be there later. Every roleplay community has some form of this.

Quote:I did nothing besides walk out of the building. And due to the nature of "Nope. No forewarning for raids".. I don't get to RP at all.

You didn't have RP before. You didn't get it afterwards. Nothing was taken from you.

Quote:If our teams had both lost, 8 people would have been kidnapped in a scene lock where a lot more people, IC, would have stepped in.

This is thankfully not many other RP environments and, had they come up with some actual goal to keep ALL 8 people for, it would have been at most for a day unless they wanted to stay longer. There's a reason there have been so many jailbreaks in Geladyne.

Quote:To undermine it with acts like unannounced conflict, while other players have to go through loopholes including at least 24 hour forewarnings to GMs and pleading their cases to make such moves on 'bigger' settlements/nations, due to- again- NPCs, it seems downright mean-spirited to not afford a player-run faction at least some OOC notice so their players can prepare. This is not the only such case of such a thing occurring, either. With a GM's permission, Geladyne's jail was raided while Beggar's Hole and Geladyne were in mild conflict, and many took to the Discord chat to discuss how such matters were unacceptable, and air their ire with the perpetrators that Geladyne was not given proper forewarning. Many of these were the same people who had come to Beggar's Hole with much the same warning: none.

These aren't the same situation at all. The simplest reasoning will help you reach that conclusion: What would have happened if nobody showed up or nobody responded? In Geladyne going to Beggar's Hole, Geladyne would have done nothing, gotten nothing, and really just had to walk home. In Meiaquar's situation going into Geladyne? They would have achieved some goal that they were looking to win with in the absence of any response. In the former, the group that went was looking for Roleplay that could only exist with interaction. In the latter, they were looking to win something that would be defaulted upon in the absence of interaction. For the same reason I would need to contact a GM if I wanted to blow up a bridge or vandalize a statue, people need to contact a GM to do anything that NEEDS some sort of interaction beyond what the players currently present can provide.

The real end result here is that nobody had any reason to complain about how things were carried out or handled. People seem to default on discord for their preferred conflict resolution method when the rules state the choices are mechanical, dice, or RP for some reason, though, so that's to be expected.

Quote:One of my plans was a blueprint for more buildings (an infirmary, barracks, town center for merchants, and maybe even a museum and library for art for culture). Would that give us more of a population? Would people want to flock to it? Would we get our own NPCs? These are the base ingredients for a society. I feel like if NPCs are such a prevelant and strong point to why some things cannot kick off, then we should be afforded the same opportunities during our struggle to become part of the international (inter-continental?) neighborhood.

The place is literally named Beggar's Hole, a location picked because of its close proximity to smuggler NPCs and ramshackle appearance as far as the casual observer could determine. It's a community that exists because this overall OOC community loves memes and silly villains, because we love Black Falcons that talk about their unrequited love as they get beaten and recycled into the exact same black falcon for a later event, because we love Sawrock and his hand drawn maniacs who deliver equine fantasies into our inventories, and because we love bandits that ask for consent as a joke about the consent rules on the sim. If you would start trying to gussy up the place to be more serious so that you could win, then what even is the point? What even is the culture? Is it some anomalous, silly place where you can rob each other in the streets but for some reason merchants still want to come? Is it some place that makes a museum to a history it doesn't have? A barracks for thieves? An infirmary for- That actually is a good idea. They would probably need one.

The issue here is that you all did decide on what Beggar's Hole was going to be. In every interaction, every establishing moment, and every development it's been put forward as a silly, fun place where people can go to get rowdy and the Beggar's have their Hole. It's a vaguely lawless place with an honor of thieves sort of establishing order. It is a small place. Nobody decided what it would be but the people who went there.

I'm not sure what overall conversations went on with deciding what you could or couldn't do with the GMs. I assume it's a GM conversation you're referring to to determine that there's an actual problem because if it's just random people then you can just tell them to shove it and do what you want. But so far the general rule isn't that you need a certain level of NPCs or Culture or serious points or players or etcetera or this or that to get stuff done. It's just that you be reasonable with what you try to do when it affects other people. What is or isn't reasonable is a standard I hate to consider but so far it is the one that GMs and players and everyone else seek to use for the larger sort of rules governing how the lore develops with people. But...

When the previous Premier declared that they have a secret service of NPCs that beat every PC that was trying to stop them from hauling a corpse through the street, they were told that that was unreasonable.

If Beggar's Hole was told that they couldn't stage a solitary war against Geladyne because that's unreasonable as well... Then...

I can't really disagree with the GMs on that. Maybe I don't like it because it seems subjective, but with the barest scrutiny in good faith they are holding everyone up to the same general standard.

Quote: But this can't happen with vague solutions. As Polk said earlier, wars are won with logistics, clear goals and objectives to be reached, along with rules of engagement would make this fine.

I do agree with this. I've brought it up with people before. Some of those people are on the other side of this conflict from me. Some of those people also disagreed on the need for clear rules for how these things should be handled. Candidly, I didn't push the topic after the fact because I knew this exact discussion would happen the first time there was even the smallest, least important conflict. As it stands, there is currently conflict, no players have any clear rules for how to proceed, and any attempt to establish rules will be met with cries of trying to game the system because of bias or go against the aforementioned reason for meme PVP results.

If you feel like you can provide an actual, actionable solution for how this conflict be processed please provide it. I've got some good data from the War Games that even in a situation where nobody loses anything, everyone hates something though. Do understand that however the rules are set up, they will also be used against you. Good luck. I will be more than happy to give my thoughts on whatever you come up with and how I personally would abuse it to win and assume everyone else would too.
lol
u really just said u exist because ur funny. ur chars, ur story, shit even ur ic doesn’t matter to us. we ALLOW you to exist because we are the oh so great people that allow silly little characters like yours to exist. thats all I got from a quick skim, not even all of it, you aren’t here to discuss clearly. u and half the ppl shitting on it snd the reasoning etc don’t even rp there, don’t even understand what we do or if we have a culture or anything like that. (And when told in ic u just laugh anyway so it isn’t like it matters) the audacity u have to just sprout this shit is just amazing, we’ve been rping for what? 1 1/2 months, do you think that realistically at any point these topics or things haven’t formed? get off ur high horse bro it’s a 2d rp game, I want to say fuck off but I’ll be deemed as attacking, even if u did just literally attack all of us,

fuck off
#nerf summoner
#nerf poison
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoberJones's post:
  • HaTeD
(09-06-2022, 05:49 PM)BoberJones Wrote: lol
u really just said u exist because ur funny. ur chars, ur story, shit even ur ic doesn’t matter to us. we ALLOW you to exist because we are the oh so great people that allow silly little characters like yours to exist. thats all I got from a quick skim, not even all of it, you aren’t here to discuss clearly. u and half the ppl shitting on it snd the reasoning etc don’t even rp there, don’t even understand what we do or if we have a culture or anything like that. (And when told in ic u just laugh anyway so it isn’t like it matters) the audacity u have to just sprout this shit is just amazing, we’ve been rping for what? 1 1/2 months, do you think that realistically at any point these topics or things haven’t formed? get off ur high horse bro it’s a 2d rp game, I want to say fuck off but I’ll be deemed as attacking, even if u did just literally attack all of us,

fuck off

I don't think I can attack someone I literally do not know.

Edit: If you need help reading the post so you know what I actually said rather than what you think it said, I can post it again for you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FaeLenx's post:
  • Trexmaster
hey

a few days back, I approached a gm about blowing up a small bridge that led to an overlook which had no purpose other than to be a spot for people to hide their petkit pets to spy on us with no rp. i was told i would have to announce the action with a ping, put up an LFG, and wait for a response. i agreed this was fair, and decided to wait for proper rp to take place before going through with it. the other night, close to midnight in fact, a few geladynian characters had a similar idea with a much more strategically important bridge. by the time we found out ic, it was already down.

getting back to the pets, though. did you know they don't make trees see-through? when this was brought to gms, we were told to handle it ic. we did, rping killing the critters. multiple times, in fact, the things giving taunting rps that there would be more and more of them no matter how many were killed. when this was brought up to gms, we were again told to handle it ic, by catching the perpetrator. this was done after one of ours risked pushing deep into geladyne territory to confront the culprit. then more people started to do the same thing, leaving us unable to talk freely in our own rp hub without having to right click behind every tree tile.

i believed the claim some make that the sl2 community is far less grimy and far more accommodating than other byond games. but grime isn't just meta ganks or lolslays. it's doing things to fuck over characters and groups with as little actual interaction as possible. it's not showing respect to other players because of their current ic entanglements and allegiances. after the first unannounced tax raid, i approached the organizer in dms, respectfully. someone who was the first person i really met here since the korvara update started and is a good part of why i stuck around when so many other new players were leaving. they agreed to give us notice if something like that happened again. and then didn't, with the first thing they said when rolling up the second time being 'scene lock'. it really hurt.

i have the same dream as i feel many others do. to weave a narrative together with the cooperation of many different people, incorporating their viewpoints and unique stories together without ego or spite spoiling the experience. i enjoy the current plot. immensely, in fact. but when the build up has been so disrespectful, i dread thinking of how much worse it might be later on. henrik thinking the border issue was solved but then being informed that they weren't recognized since no in person meeting happened within a week span was heartbreaking. then being called out with less than a day's notice. from what i know, the player is a freshman in college. it's as though him and everyone else is being punished simply because of real world priorities. why only him, and not other leaders?

i just want everyone to respect each other's experiences. that's all.
[-] The following 12 users Like pope's post:
  • BoberJones, HaTeD, Imotepchief, Kavoir, Kazzy, Maksimum_Fire, PossumParty, Rendar, Snake, Somnolent Nova, Soul_Hacker, TCBlade