Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvE Quality of Life Changes - Monk
Second on the list of PvE focused changes will be aiming to speed up Monk in PvE when in parties as well, Monk's core gameplay revolves around the usage of it's ki, given the state of Kadouha and Setting Sun in a PvP setting, it'd be dangerous to give that to them for completely free, and while I do generally agree with bumping up their Ki Generation in a PvP setting for stuff like All Fight or Spirituality, I also think that allowing Monks to have topped up Ki at the start of a battle will assist them greatly.

They can already sort of do this when on their own or in a low party count, given there'll be less people killing things instantly, but it'd be good to help Monks get going before the 2nd round in a fight so that they don't have to sit there and power up every time to use all their cool stuff.

I'll target an underutilized passive for this one:

Quote:Monk --

Power Impact - Adjustment

Make your power up even more of a power up, or maybe a power out, when you sue Power Up, all enemies within 2 Range of you will be knocked back by 3 tiles

ADDED:
When you are vs only monsters, you will automatically use Power Up at the start of a battle for no cost.

With the added text, it would be possible for a monk to feel in tip top shape at the start of the fight, allowing them to utilize their cool things more, such as Kadouha, Setting Sun, Dense Thunder or Serpent Strikes.

Thanks for consideration.
[-] The following 6 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11, Poruku, Pyro, Snake, Tana
As an added thing, perhaps add to spirituality a base starting ki, like 3 starting ki per 10 scaled willpower
Honestly, I'd rather this affected Monk as a whole. Power Up is such an initial momentum sink for no return if you think about it. Because the true SP cost of Power Up is 10 SP if you want to truly use the skill to its best. Golden Glow is a misfortunate 'must' to have in those cases, or else you're left a sitting duck after using it.

So while at it, I'd like to request Golden Glow to have its SP cost adjusted from 5 to 1, and its effect changed to:

Quote:Golden Glow (1 SP)

A golden glow associated with legends. When using Power Up with 7 or more momentum, you gain Golden Glow for 4 rounds.

Golden Glow increases your Scaled Weapon Attack, Armor, Magic Armor, Hit and Evade by half of your current Ki for its duration. (Minimal value is 1. This value is increased as a base, so it does not interact with certain caps.).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Combine this with faster animations plz Smile those heaven kicks still take forever
[-] The following 3 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Autumn, Fern, Tana
I still would like this to be considered as well, sorry to bump.