Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsneaky Rouge
Rouge lacks something in its kit, thats really useful for atleast 2 of its promos. SNEAKING.

I know VA has blind spot to apply sneaking but, I think it would be really cool if Rouge had a trickery effect in its kit that would put them into sneaking, maybe tied to Incognito so its not a PvE skill exclusively.

Maybe like

"If incognito is equipped, and you use quickslide there is a trickery chance to enter sneaking for 2 rounds"

Anything really, I think that be really cool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Miller
Incognito's new Trickery effect regarding Sneak should affect:

- Quick Slide
- Rough Tumble
- Pocket Sand
- N/S/E/W Wind.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah. Incognito trickery on winds and rogue movement skills, that'd be pretty cool
Gotta be a little careful with this. Sneak goes away as soon as you deal damage, but Void Assassin's eliminate does an extra 1.4x damage while sneaking. That'd be 308% SWA (half of which ignores evasion) If you had full void energy when you used it.

Spell thief also gives +10% damage while sneaking, too. So if you tack on sneaking to things that already are strong, you're effectively giving spellthieves a free 1.1x damage to their next attack for very little investment. This bonus applies to spells too.

Quick slide and pocket sand are already ludicrously strong with their trickery effects. And the dances are also already very strong buffs with how long they last. (With the exception of east, which is just a handful of stats.)

Currently as far as I know the ONLY way to apply sneaking (In pvp) in the game right now though is to either do the void gate thing, or. . Strangely enough. . .Grand summoner gives it when you summon a youkai.

So giving spellthief a way to sneak themselves. Maybe smokescreen gives them sneak if you use it on your own tile or something? I dunno. But I'm against tacking on sneak to already powerful abilities. Rogue is very very strong right now.
You could also just have a Trickery chance, while Incognito is equipped, to go into sneaking whenever you leave line of sight. But thats probably tricky to use.

And if your are faster that your opponent and it only happens at the beginning of the turn, its basically never working.
Trickery effects are likely to be mostly usable by critical hit basic hitters, which by promptu can't get high numbers on SWA gouging. The addition of a trickery effect for Sneak would be more like a 'cool beans' thing to help a Rogue disengage from NPC mobs than anything dumb happening.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]