Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Floating Adjustment
With the change to Blessed that makes it a higher reward hit enchantment for hitting spirited or holy weak fellows, a niche for a general hit enchantment has been left unfulfilled, Bloodhunt does take this spot but doesn't help you out when an opponent is high on health, and sometimes a bit of consistency is all that some people may ask for, I think that an enchant that often doesn't see use, Floating could use a small usability buff to it to make people consider it more.

Floating currently halves weight, that's it, most builds don't care about that, you can account for weight in most STR-less builds so like, why not also let Floating give just +10 hit, very simply, its not nearly as much as the potential of Bloodhunt or Blessed, but it does provide it all the time, consistently and without hassle.

Conveniently enough as well, this change would also offset the hit bonus by disallowing Two-Handed on setups that would run it anyway, giving it a Hit vs SWA kind of value for martial weapons.
[-] The following 7 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, InsainArcaneBirdbrain, K Peculier, Latto, Pyro, Slydria, Snake
I'm down for Floating to get a bit of a glow-up. It's definitely one of the least used enchantments I can think of.

Of course, there are many enchants and curses you could say this about, but I think this is a pretty simple and straightforward change.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier, Latto, Pyro
All my yes.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Maybe that's fine, but I dunno. In my experience evasion builds are already in a pretty bad spot, so giving ANOTHER hit buff to people doesn't sit particularly right with me. Maybe Floating weapons just get some sort of buff while you're airborn only? I think that would be more fair.
the straight weight reduction's definitely among the more niche/boring enchants. i'd rather see some interaction with airborne, such as making basic attacks with that weapon airborne-compatible. maybe some bonus hit if the weapon's below a certain weight threshold.
I quite like the fact that this change would, as a result of the halved weight, make almost all eligible users of this enchantment unable to get 20+ weight two handed bonuses. This would prevent a flat +10 hit enchantment from being a universal auto pick in this hit/evade stacking world of GR2, and even perhaps give some alternative at last to what is currently the most unbelievably free and powerful swa boost in full swing.

Though I agree that this would put evade builds in a worse spot overall when they're already struggling a bit, that matter of hit/evade balance is another issue entirely. I've made my points on that topic ad nauseam, and I'm not gonna do it again here.
[-] The following 2 users Like sadbot's post:
  • Pyro, Shujin