Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxer's Momentum Reallocation
With the newest update to field effects causing Geist to trigger what it crosses, Geist Drei is not in a particularly good position. It's one of boxer's few movement abilities and it can cause more damage to the user than it's worth.

[Image: eedjDya.png]

When Geist Drei activates, it is one of the first actions to be taken in a round, before any turns. This includes going before things like explosion, which means Geist Drei will frequently displace the user into an explosion. But not only that, boxers that don't focus on CEL essentially place themselves in front of an enemy to get beaten for free before their turn begins.

I'd like for Drei to refund the momentum invested when it procs. This would leave the user at 10 momentum at the start of their turn, provided they haven't been beaten to a bloody pulp for daring to use the skill.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pyro's post:
  • Fern, Tana
That would unfortunately be way too good when it triggers in a neutral situation, allowing you to just hard invoke, or do an insane amount of actions on someone any time you wanted to because they didn't target you or want to play the Geist game, this would make the skill applicable to far too many scenarios to be even remotely balanced, as the number of situations that Geist 3 could trigger is far too many to keep track of to allow something as powerful as this.

There has to be a more elegant solution than that I feel, the reward for guessing right is already increasing your Schwarz Sturm level, if traps and tiles are the problem, Geist 3 (and maybe the other geists) could instead pull the closest/target enemy towards you instead.

I agree that Geists are not exactly a fun mechanic for any party to deal with, with their janky control and potential to turn over a match onto it's head, I'd like to see better solutions in play. Even if its something as jank as halving tile/trap damage or being immune.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Pyro, Shujin, Trexmaster
Obviously I have some bias as I've been playing Boxer lately, but I do think that Geist 3 needs to refund the momentum. Assuming that you're not going to be targeted is a guess just like 1 and 2 are, and your opponent shouldn't be rewarded for not playing into Boxer's main mechanic.

I wouldn't mind if Geists got reworked somehow to be less swingy, but with how Boxer is implemented, Boxer itself needs it.
[-] The following 2 users Like MegaBlues's post:
  • Fern, Pyro
except when you go last and your geist 3 instantly fires with no counterplay
[-] The following 1 user Likes mourningstar's post:
  • Autumn
There's good reason why drei doesn't give momentum as Autumn put it, and I wholeheartedly agree it'd be way too strong. Remember that drei tends to fire off for lots of reasons even if the person is subject to attacks, like glance/misses and so on. It becomes less a guess at that point rather than an opressive movement option. Given Boxer is a feast or famine class based on matchup, this would only serve to increase that gap.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
Honestly, Drei when activated should temporarily grant 75% damage reduction until you arrive at its destination, so you don't get utterly smoked by tile effects.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Just make it not kill you on cinders. Making it refund would be straight up op my guy