Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protector Sub-Talent Buff
Ahem. As it stands, the Protector Sub-Talent of Chivalry is basically just points to get more HP regen on Avalon.

The Protect skill as of now is really lackluster, due to it rarely ever being useful- or properly functioning at all, really. Most of the time, it ends up as a wasted skill slot / Skill Point on the Soldier tree. (The fact the ranked upgrades are barely useful doesn't help)

That makes you'll rarely ever see Protector ever trigger.

So an idea I had would be to just apply it's effect to pretty much any skill intended to be direct protection to an ally :

Eg, Rescue, Castling, Sacrifice, and some other skills I'm probably not aware of ? It'd also  make the Sub-Talent not Soldier-Class exclusive anymore.
You can directly ask Sill.

I put a LOT of work in with protector.

Is it lackluster? Yeah kinda.. but Protect as a hole could stand to just be made similar to Sacrifice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rendar's post:
  • Snake
(09-12-2022, 04:45 PM)Rendar Wrote: You can directly ask Sill.

I put a LOT of work in with protector.

Is it lackluster? Yeah kinda.. but Protect as a hole could stand to just be made similar to Sacrifice.
True, just buffing Protect in itself'd also work. Although I'd still kinda like the sub-talent to be able to be used by non-soldiers somehow
Sacrifice would still need to have a purpose, it'd probably be okay if Protect was a constant passive that redirected some of the damage though, something as minor as 10-15% to yourself. With Protector boosting this bonus by an added percentage.
What'd be cool is if Protect (Talent) used its SR to determine a range where you will dash to a nearby ally and stand next to them, before they take damage, so you mitigate that while also having a chance to proc Protect (Shield Skill) itself on following attacks.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
The protect talent is fine, it would be good if protect worked