Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Drinkening (Drinkable Items thread)
Everyone's welcome to pitch in their ideas and icons, I'll offer a format and my own ideas.

As for Dev, if this thread ends up interesting enough, sticky it up so others can see this without being dug into the torrents of PvP buff requests.

The Main Idea ™:

- Drinks are the counterpart for Food. Unlike food, a drink does not fill you, only refreshes on top of your full belly, so it does not grant EXP, but in exchange, it can be drank multiple times, but only one Bonus Effect can be had per drink

- Additionally, it will always recover 5% of your maximum HP and FP.

- Once you become Hungry (read: Food duration reaches 0), any drink Bonus Effect will also be removed.

- You cannot gain a drink Bonus Effect while Hungry.

- On use, you will display an automatic emote saying:

Ren Brown drinks a Jamba Juice.

- A small sound effect will be played. Sip, sip.

- Afterwards, you also immediately recover Physical and Mental Stamina equal to the values mentioned.

EXAMPLE TEMPLATE:

Icon (or Reference for Iconners):

Name:

Description:

Crafting Station:

Ingredients Needed:
- ?x ?
- ?x Pure Water (Recommended)

Phys. Stamina recovered: 1-40%
Mental Stamina recovered: 1-40%

Bonus Effect: If possible, balance bonus effect vs how much it restores. Higher recovery values = weak or no effects at all.

CONCRETE EXAMPLE:

[Image: unknown.png]

Name: Jamba Juice

Description: A juice made extra juicy for juicefying a good description for Devourer Of Neus, which doesn't need to be very huge for the sake of space so don't make it needlessly wordy. This may also turn you into Exodia, so be careful to not be flung in the sea.

Crafting Station: (Placeable) Large Wooden Mixer

Ingredients Needed:
- 5x Tangerine
- 5x Banana
- 5x Grape
- 5x Apple
- 5x Milk
- 5x Pure Water

Phys. Stamina recovered: 40%
Mental Stamina recovered: 40%

Bonus Effect: Fruity Obliteration - You're happy to have drank the Exodia of all drinks, increases all your stats by 100, and looking at an enemy will instantly defeat them. The drawback is that this is just an example and will never see the light of day.

Anyway, here's my personal pitch.

Name: Water Ration

Description: Refreshing water in a bottle. Simple, yet both essential for survival and effective at easing one's dry lips after any arduous labor.

Crafting Station: Mixing Bowl

Ingredients Needed:
- 3x Pure Water

Phys. Stamina recovered: 8%
Mental Stamina recovered: 2%

Bonus Effect: Hydrated - Feeling good and refreshed. Increases FP regeneration by 2.

Name: Black Coffee

Description: A bitter, energetic beverage which can easily keep you awake for hours. The favorite of skeptical scholars and jaded mages.

Crafting Station: (Placeable) Large Wooden Mixer

Ingredients Needed:
- 3x Coffee Powder
- 3x Pure Water

Phys. Stamina recovered: 5%
Mental Stamina recovered: 20%

Bonus Effect: Wide Awake - Grants immunity to the effects of skills that induce you to sleep. (Ex: Slithering Slumber, etc.)

Name: Glass of Milk

Description: Sometimes warm, sometimes cold. All the times will be the best friend of your bones.

Ingredients Needed:
- 3x Milk

Phys. Stamina recovered: 4%
Mental Stamina recovered: 8%

Bonus Effect: Calcium Intake - Healthier bones increase your Armor and Magic Armor by 2.

Name: Coffee Au Latte

Description: A warm, fancy drink which goes quite well on a cold morning moments before you start your day.

Ingredients Needed:
- 1x Black Coffee
- 1x Glass of Milk

Phys. Stamina recovered: 10%
Mental Stamina recovered: 15%

Bonus Effect: Cozy - A warm drink which made your day a little comfier. Grants 10% Ice Resistance and +1 Move.

Name: Choccy Milk

Description: A drink more commonly known to be given to kings and champions, for they are epic.

Ingredients Needed:
- 2x Cooking Chocolate
- 1x Sugar
- 1x Glass of Milk

Phys. Stamina recovered: 8%
Mental Stamina recovered: 12%

Bonus Effect: Feeling Epic - You feel unstoppable. Increases Status Resistance by 15%. Increases the chance of activating Die Hard by 25% and recover 2x more HP from it.

Name: Lemonade

Description: When life gave you lemons, you sure made the best out of it with a bit of water, ice and a dash of sugar. Goes well with hot climates.

Ingredients Needed:
- 10x Lemons
- 5x Pure Water
- 1x Icicle

Phys. Stamina recovered: 20%
Mental Stamina recovered: 10%

Bonus Effect: Chilled Drink - A cold drink in a hot day, what's there to not like? Increases Fire Resistance by 10%, but lowers your Ice Resistance by 10%.

Name: Fizzy Drink

Description: A wonderful accident in Alchemy, at first. Figures out you can make any water become carbonated when you mix an Icicle with Sugar, making it release tiny bubbles of cold air. Very popular with children and manchildren alike.

Ingredients Needed:
- 5x Lemons
- 3x Sugar
- 10x Pure Water
- 2x Icicle

Phys. Stamina recovered: 20%

Bonus Effect: Hydrated - Feeling good and refreshed. Increases FP regeneration by 2.

Name: Beer

Description: An alcoholic drink made out of fermented hops. Faster to be made, but suffers from lower quality. Drink in moderation.

Crafting Station: (Placeable) Fermenting Barrel

Ingredients Needed:
- 40x Hops
- 10x Pure Water

Bonus Effect: Brave Inebriation - You feel a little drunk, yet braver. At the start of every round, you are inflicted with Confusion. Ending your round next to an enemy will remove and grant immunity to Fear and Hesitation until your next round.

Outside of combat, when using Say or Shout, it may sometimes be replaced by funny drunken speech. When using Emotes, it may be replaced by a hiccup instead.

Name: Ale

Description: An alcoholic drink made specifically out of fermented corn and malt. Unlike its counterpart, the Beer, it is extra creamy. Drink in moderation.

Ingredients Needed:
- 40x Corn
- 10x Pure Water

Bonus Effect: Tough Inebriation - You feel a little drunk, yet tougher. At the start of every round, you are inflicted with Confusion, and your Armor and Magic Armor are increased by 2 per enemy in the battle.

Outside of combat, when using Say or Shout, it may sometimes be replaced by funny drunken speech. When using Emotes, it may be replaced by a hiccup instead.

Name: Wine

Description: An alcoholic drink made specifically out of fermented grapes. Takes a long time to be made, but it doesn't make you too drunk. Drink in moderation.

Ingredients Needed:
- 40x Grape
- 10x Pure Water

Bonus Effect: Modest Inebriation - You feel a little drunk, yet flirty. At the start of every round, you are inflicted with Confusion, and gain +20 to the LV of any Charm you inflict, or are inflicted by.

Name: Saké

Description: An alcoholic drink which is similar to Wine, but made of Rice instead. Takes a long time to be made, but it doesn't make you too drunk. Drink in moderation.

Ingredients Needed:
- 40x Rice
- 10x Pure Water

Bonus Effect: Disciplined Inebriation - You feel a little drunk, yet deadly. At the start of every round, you are inflicted with Confusion, and gain 25% Critical Damage, but lose 50 Critical.

Outside of combat, when using Say or Shout, it may sometimes be replaced by funny (JAPANESE) drunken speech. When using Emotes, it may be replaced by a hiccup instead.

Name: Vodka

Description: An alcoholic drink made by your Komrades, which burns all the way down to your stomach and leaves an immediate warm feeling. Drink in moderation.

Ingredients Needed:
- 40x Flour
- 10x Pure Water

Bonus Effect: Warm Inebriation - You feel a little drunk and warmer. At the start of every round, you are inflicted with Confusion, and gain 15% Fire Weakness and Ice Resistance. There is a 50% chance you will ignore Ice Sheets when walking through them.

Outside of combat, when using Say or Shout, it may sometimes be replaced by funny drunken (RUSSIAN) speech. When using Emotes, it may be replaced by a hiccup instead.

Name: Blue Matador (DONATION ITEM)

Description: Falsely advertised to give you wings. In truth, it gives your cabrone brain the horns, so it learns faster, or else...

Ingredients Needed:
- 10 Patrions

Phys. Stamina recovered: 15%
Mental Stamina recovered: 15%

Bonus Effect: Know All Gains - Increases EXP gained in combat by 25%. Increases Crafting EXP gained by 2.

.zip   the great drinkening.zip (Size: 3.86 KB / Downloads: 68)

[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Snake's post:
  • Deja Vu, lalchi, Latto, Shadbase
I don't know if I like this, it adds another layer of pvp optimization on top of food that I feel is redundant. To me drinks would be nice but they should just be used to recover hp/fp and stamina. And I love the concept of being able to be a brewer or a bartender and stuff, but some of those recipes look pretty expensive, and they're only expensive because of how useful the effects are. So yeah I suggest making drinks take a niche as out of combat heals instead of being a buff layer
I like the idea, but i join Poruku comments.

I think if drink would gave effects that doesn't adds advantage on a battle would be for the best.

Why not even give bonus outside of combats ?

it could be a higher drop luck
A drink making you invisible by mobs. Or making every mobs in x tiles to be drawn to you (outside of a fight).
regenerate mental and physical stamina
making rare drops from collects higher
Higher walking movement speed
etc...

the idea that it effects say, shout and emote verb is very cool tho'
[-] The following 1 user Likes lalchi's post:
  • Poruku
Oh, that'd be nicer for sure. I just thought it'd be an icing over Food bonuses, but maybe not.

If anything, Drinks could indeed be used for an alternative way to heal outside of Potions, with a main focus around Stamina/Mental Stamina to not remove that niche and Bandages' niche (which is why I haven't considered actual heals, but a small 5% HP/FP).

It's a bit impossible to split apart this from mechanics in my eyes, since otherwise there won't be much a reason to even consider toasting resources on this new money sink.

But in general, those effects could just be reduced into three categories, if we're in the foodstuffs scenario.

- Refreshing
(Increases HP and FP recovery by 2 during combat. Increases Stamina/Mental Stamina recovery by 50% while active.)

- Energetic
(Increases Move by 1 and Evade by 5, but reduces Hit by 10. Some animations are changed to 'Swift'. Both during combat and out of combat, your walking speed is notably increased.)

- Alcoholic
(Inflicts Confusion for 5 rounds in combat and increases SWA by 15, but there is a 50% chance you will start your turn with 4M. Funny drunken text sometimes replaces Say, and a hiccup sometimes replaces Emote.)

Anything beyond those should probably delve in the Alchemy and Potions area, which would still be welcome, mind you! I'm mostly concerned about normal food and normal drinks for now.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]