Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Korvara Vampires (Cry Post) (Secret Callout Post)
PLEASE put vampires in Korvara I really like vampires both thematically and mechanically. I love them even if they aren't amazing right now it's so much fun and cool. I want to drink blood attack people in the night make people fear the night, blood, please.

So the reason vampires arent allowed in korvara? Immortality. Just remove it. Hell, remove the misting rp ability it sucks anyway nobody should have op rp powers. Make korvara vampires a new thing and they're weak and kinda suck cause no huggessoa influence idk.

There's a million easy ways to put vampires in korvara it's literally free content just waiting behind a lock why do we have to live in a world where the sun brings no comfort I am so cold.

Pros:
- Blood drink blood
- Fear the night
- The people should be afraid of the dark
- THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN
- Make people doubt their neighbor

Cons:
- So hungry
- The hunger cannot be sated
- Would have to come up with and implement some korvara-specific vampire lore
- Some anime girls drinking blood in a cute way or making it not a big deal and ruining it for the rest of us
- Sweaty nerds being vampires but never doing anything with it besides keeping the secret
- People not caring about people being vampires (It's an evil blood drinking creature of the night bro (I'm not racist))
- Please I just want blood
- More balance fu threads
[-] The following 2 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Sawrock, WhiteHaired
Only if I can have my Columbus esque altlasia/ karaten colonization effort that fails with a number of stranded zerans, mechs and maybe a lich or two ( that if they die get sent back to sigro )
Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with vampire implementation into Korvara as long as they were turned into a viable race in both spectrums, be it a fasting vampire and your average baseline one because..

Holy shit, the base stats.

I've heard of them getting stats as they leveled up or something, that might've been pure bogus but it fits the whole vampirism thing. But that's for a balance-fu thread.

And hey, the immortality could be revised into something Vampire the Masquerade had where, in turn for being immortal, if people find out you are a vampire in Korvara, the entire vampire council(if whoever/whatever nation or group of players writing the lore for it has a council in place for them) would come down on your ass and execute you due to a 'masquerade breach'.

Or they could just not be immortal and get the boons of incredibly high regeneration, specializations with blood magic or what not, that sort of deal.

Vampires have a LOT of potential depending on how they are written since the foundation for them allows you to do some crazy shit.

(see: vampire the masquerade and those other series)
(i am not a vtm shill by the way they just have a lot of cool concepts)
[Image: psycholonials-andrew-hussie.gif]
Another homestuck in this hussie of a world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes the homestuck man himself's post:
  • WhiteHaired
I am fine with Vampires being added with the clause that their immortality is removed in Korvara by some reason or explanation. I am also fine with them keeping rapid regeneration through mists since it is tied to a non-infinite resource anyways in the IC end of things.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Shujin
Don't even need to remove the immortality. Just need to have consequences actually enforced. The reason people get away with the infamous Perdition behaviour as vampires is because, in G6, there were no consequences. Oh. I've been caught by the guards. Well, let me just say I fry myself with lightning before anyone interacts with me and not play the character for a few days. That was bullshit. Will always BE bullshit.

Korvara? Good fucking luck. Better build yourself a little cult of followers and not get outed, or you can have actual to genuine vampire hunters coming for you. And if you happen to get in as a faction head? You better be extra fucking careful.

Hell. Enforce Vampires having to ditch identities after they get merc'd. There are a thousand, thousand ways to interact with it instead of making them 'Human but now I eat blood and have shit stats'. It just takes narrative effort and actual interaction instead of the community rolling their eyes and just accepting it because 'That's how things be'
[-] The following 2 users Like Kazzy's post:
  • Shadbase, Shujin
If vampires are going to be added to Korvara then i'd like it to be done through some cool event chain, not just a random popup.
I'd also be cool with it being an applied for, very rare race, too. Maybe make it so that vampires are generally hunted down, so that they try to keep it more secret? I dunno. I can see both sides. If people really want to play a race they should be able to, but Vampires just being another normal race is also kind of boring to me, when Korvara has the capacity to do a lot more stuff.
[-] The following 5 users Like renowner's post:
  • Miller, Sawrock, Shadbase, Shujin, Snake
Honestly, letting them be there but removing their Immortality would be enough.

An explanation could be them being a different form of Vampire, one not made from Huggessoa but some ancient curse or disease, like The Elder's Scrolls one.

This would at least let us have a baseline non-godmade Vampire in our lore that is always 100% antagonized and seen as a threat if discovered or denounced. It would add to the general lack of action that we can suffer sometimes.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]