Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axe duelist
So there is a certain phenomenon

1: I want to make an axe crit build
2: Okay, as a crit build I almost always want fleur
3: Okay, I must go duelist main
4: I guess I'll go Ghost because that's the only duelist promo that works AT ALL with axes, and it's just overall good
5: hmm I am a level 19 axe duelist and I have nowhere to put my sp

It's aggravating to put points into attrait and vent petale as an axe build because the entire class is just sword/spear. If fleur is to be stuck to duelist, then make axe duelist not feel bad. It needs some sort of tiny gap closer, some sort of mini basic cleave aoe. Hell, it deserves a promo to itself. Sword has a whole promo. Spear has a whole promo. Then ghost is all 3 weapons and the base class sucks. Just a strange balance overall... And it's even more strange when axe is still one of the best weapon types just because of its amazing crit bonus and power. 

The alternative is of course bk main where you drop fleur, which almost aways ends up as bk/hexer because it's just too good, or eventually ghost/bk again because that's the only class combo that feels like you can utilize your axe crits to the fullest
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Sawrock
How about a side cut / silcut alternative that hits and turns 90 degrees clockwise on a hit. Twistcut
I brought this up before in another thread (https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...5#pid41885) but Sidecut/Sillcut should be applicable to all melee weapons instead of only Sword or only Spear skills. This would help lend a lot to axe duelist being a bit more viable. And probably create some fun scenarios for daggers/fists.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Lolzytripd, Sawrock
(09-17-2022, 04:58 PM)Autumn Wrote: I brought this up before in another thread (https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...5#pid41885) but Sidecut/Sillcut should be applicable to all melee weapons instead of only Sword or only Spear skills. This would help lend a lot to axe duelist being a bit more viable. And probably create some fun scenarios for daggers/fists.
I like this equality based suggestion

Then Axe duelist would only arguably need

"a funny aoe" like cyclone/rose ---Unga slam axe on ground.

"a funny line skill" like eclare and Lion ----Maybe Like...A rock... hitting the ground and tossing a rock.

"a funny basic attack" like couliour/Powergrad ----An attack with Increased crit damage maybe.

"A funny elemental basic attack" Like photon rose/Lau dela.