Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Friendship
A way for players to friend each other on their characters.

What this, in effect, does is allow for them to view if the other person is online-- like the GUILD system already allows for players of the same faction.

No more wondering if your good pal is online when you're running around looking for them.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rendar's post:
  • Milodon Junior, Shadbase, Snake
I have no idea how easy this would be to implement, but as someone who tries to stay out of the discords, that'd help me a lot.
[Image: unknown.png]

I think another idea that could work even better is to steal borrow an idea another Byond game I know of has, being a contact list. It could just work as a list you can let people you become acquainted with add themselves to via right-click, bringing up a confirm prompt for the other player. Afterwards you can tag with their relation to you, and check online status. There wouldn't need to be mechanical effects or "points" like the above example, but for forgetful people like me who tend to forget names of people if I don't write em down, or for folk who just want to know when people are online to RP with, this could be a very helpful feature.

Since the above might be a bit hard to follow, here's an example of what I mean:

-Player 1's character Danto becomes an IC friend of Player 2's character Verbil.
-Danto's player right clicks Verbil, and selects "Introduce" or whatever the command gets called
-Verbil's player now receives a yes/no prompt on whether to accept the introduce action.
-If Virbil's player accepts, Virbil gets added to Danto's contact list, from which Danto's player can set a status such as friend/family/enemy/mentor/rival/etc and see ooc online status. This is a one-way add, so Virbil's player needs to do the same with Danto to get him added to his own list.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Shadbase
That would be a very nice feature to help people get consistent rp that is more organic instead of relying on discord
If its on acception basis and you can do something to "Unfriend", so you can stop being stalked for one reason or another, then I would like that.

The only problem I see is in the cases of mystery disguise orbs being possibly be metagamed by this as you can still see them in contact and stuff.
(09-26-2022, 05:16 PM)Shujin Wrote: If its on acception basis and you can do something to "Unfriend", so you can stop being stalked for one reason or another, then I would like that.

The only problem I see is in the cases of mystery disguise orbs being possibly be metagamed by this as you can still see them in contact and stuff.

If it gave you their character's name and not alias, just like guilds do, that wouldn't actually do anything for disguise orbs or alias changing, since those aren't changing your character's name.

Besides the online or not usage... this would also help people remember character names without having to write them down! I know a lot of people have trouble and have to pull up a random notepad .txt in the middle of RP, and that could help a lot with that.
I think it actually could have a lot of use with that too, like keeping relationships and short notes about another's character, but it would also start dipping into being able to keep notes like that mechanically without writing them down outside the game or on a note paper/book.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
All my yes.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Shadbase
This is a great idea honestly as long as you can unfriend them and it is accept based.