Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spellthief duplication
(09-22-2022, 10:37 PM)Autumn Wrote: Lolzy why don't you just tell us exactly why you would like this feature? If the intention is to tie them to the same cooldown, I can only think of methods in which to expel spells in a controlled manner through Final Flare.
I said spells with a Pre-existing cooldown wouldn't work as duplicates, as a means to keep people from spamming autohits/heal

as far as things I think would be cool with final flare and stacking the same offensive spell multiple times, at the moment I've only thought of multiple asura fists so that a spell thief/boxer wouldn't break sturm on the final flare, also I guess a pure needle final flare would be cool (and also proc riposte like 20 times)
I think what he wants is:
1: Spells can be stolen multiple times.
2: The game is recoded to allow multiple, seperate instances of the same spell to be possible to have. (Because you CAN steal a spell you already own, it just doesn't do much more than secretly reduce your spell steal capacity)
3: Spells that are duplicated have seperate cooldowns.
4: If a spell used already has a natural cooldown, all the other duplicates of it will share that cooldown, too. Which effectively just means the cooldown is lowered for spells that have a 1 or 2 turn cd naturally.

So the final effects are:
Explosion can be used every 2 turns instead of every 3.
You can use 0 cd skills multiplie times in succession, like ryemei.

Which might not be BROKEN.

But I do think it really goes against the flavor of spellthief to make people hone in on even LESS diversity with what they've stolen.
(09-22-2022, 11:36 PM)renowner Wrote: I think what he wants is:
1: Spells can be stolen multiple times.
2: The game is recoded to allow multiple, seperate instances of the same spell to be possible to have. (Because you CAN steal a spell you already own, it just doesn't do much more than secretly reduce your spell steal capacity)
3: Spells that are duplicated have seperate cooldowns.
4: If a spell used already has a natural cooldown, all the other duplicates of it will share that cooldown, too. Which effectively just means the cooldown is lowered for spells that have a 1 or 2 turn cd naturally.

So the final effects are:
Explosion can be used every 2 turns instead of every 3.
You can use 0 cd skills multiplie times in succession, like ryemei.

Which might not be BROKEN.

But I do think it really goes against the flavor of spellthief to make people hone in on even LESS diversity with what they've stolen.

Explosion is already once every 2 turns, not three, and CDs exist for a reason. I don't think it'd be healthy at all to suddenly allow something like explosion or healing discharge to be cast every turn, even at the cost of slots. As for only allowing spells without natural CDs, eeeeeeeeeeh, I'm still of the mind of enforcing lack of specialization to fit the theme of the class more.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
It would be pretty op with final flare, just imagine those spirited needle drops... Though to be honest it's not like final flare is really broken right now. Either way I really would like having this change implemented because sometimes you just want two or three of a good signature spell for your character. It makes sense with how the class lore works. Just make new copies of the same spell
Final flare *is* broken. Its just broken in the way that its bugged to be unusable with 85% of all spells in the game, and still TRY to cast those spells, do nothing, and then delete those spells that it didn't even cast *including invocations* from your pool for the rest of the fight. But it seems my bug reports on all of that were ignored, which is sad. Sad
Just make it so that ST main class reduces global CD on the things...Suddenly you do not need 3 times the same spell.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shujin's post:
  • Fern
(09-30-2022, 05:01 PM)Shujin Wrote: Just make it so that ST main class reduces global CD on the things...Suddenly you do not need 3 times the same spell.
If you are using Rogue as a Destiny then your spell cooldowns are nulled.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water