Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What grandmaster needs
BK/tact is a neat build. Grandmaster is funny in concept. There is just one issue.

BK subclass makes you very squishy. Tactician subclass means your orders are useless due to being only one round.

I suggest on my mark be made into a non-mainclass skill as it's too essential to tactician. If not, grandmaster should make on my mark work as subclass.
There is an interaction between Grandmaster, Stalemate and Tactic Ranks that is supposed to take play, however currently due to On My Mark's changes (for the better of On My Mark) this interaction is reserved for those who reside at the top of the turn order above their allies, as Orders will last only 1 round otherwise if On My Mark is not equipped.

This used to be a non issue before Stalemate was made into a main class skill, and some way to circumvent this issue needs to be in order to help a class combo inspired by a single skill. Many people have suggested that Destiny enables main class skills for their subclassed abilities, this is a somewhat drastic change that effects more than just this class combo.

An additional option would be to make Stalemate not a main class only skill, as it is a parry it cannot stack with other parries, and Know No Pain currently is not a main class parry either, leaving BK in a particularly odd spot. As a subclass tank it probably has a few less edges over Demon Hunter's new fancy tools to help it mitigate damage with.

However this is tackled, Grandmaster should not require a Tact/BK to be fast in order to be used efficiently, given their likeness to tankiness.
We could just fix destiny to count both classes as main class
I think all classes considered MC in Destiny isn't all that terrible a thought at the moment.

Many classes do not even have any significant MC boni but there are couple that would certainly become alot more solid from it. I think its wort a test at the very least.

I like the Destiny concept of hardlocking yourself to a playstyle but doing it really well for it.
Indomitable is now Main Class only, Stalemate could not be it anymore TBH.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]