• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invocations: 3m per rank
Instead of being

D: 9m
C: 15m
B+: don't even think about it

What if

D: 6m
C: 9m (current d ranks switched to this)
B: 12m
A: 15m
S: 18m

So on the casting turn, for instance with a B rank, you would simply need the remaining 6m to cast it. Yes this means KD can still shut it down drastically, but I was thinking that instead of being a full momentum cost you just needeed to use an amount of 3m actions, allowing you to put 3m into your invoke even if it isn't yet able to be cast. Would fix the overwhelming power of KD versus C rank invokes. A 6m (new D rank) invoke would just cost 3m initially then the remaining 3m to cast (or 4m if same turn).

This would mean dev can add invocations to the game that aren't just D rank or useless, allowing for a new element to tweak for balance. Meaning something like divine judgement or the weaker hexer invokes could be put on 6m, shine knights 12m, and new skills could get slapped with 6m invoke to make them more powerful while giving them the coolness and synergies of invoke. And with the QoL that makes kd not as punishing, longer invokes, like S rank, could even see the light of day!
Its not a bad idea, you get to move over invokes that I would say aren't exactly worth 9m most times (Such as Death Knighting/Shine Knighting/Mirror Knighting/Dragon Dance) into this category of rank D invocations, though because of repeat action penalty and 1m movement my suggestion would be that they still interact with momentum how HSDW interacts with momentum, and gains repeat action tracking. Making the actual cost 7m in total. (Similar to how HSDW invocations work now.)

Some invocations I may suggest moving to being Rank D under this system would be:

-Transformation invocations
-Reihou
-Call Rain
-Crest Surge
-Divine Judgement
If anything this would be an interesting test.

though I wonder what HSDW would do in this new system? Immediately complete two chants of an invocation?
Might actually be easier to balance longterm.

I do not think its a bad idea, just needs to keep HSDW in mind, I guess?
I mean, invocations could keep being 6M, just make them a freecast once they're ready. I.E "Refund 3M".
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(10-21-2022, 10:30 PM)Snake Wrote: I mean, invocations could keep being 6M, just make them a freecast once they're ready. I.E "Refund 3M".
I mean, yeah...this function already exists in aquamancer if you have the correct amount of crests. Im sure it would be possible to put it onto other evokes.
W-what? what do you mean I need to have a catchy signature....i don't know how to do that....wait are you writing this down!?
Invocations are really strong, if they were going to be so dramatically reduced in momentum costs, then you'd need to tweak EVERY single class that has them.
Evoker wouldn't be able to keep their +30% invoke damage passive, with all the wild passives they already have.
Enma's and Divine rain would need further nerfs.
Summon storm. . . Maybe is fine, because its random and drains all your focus.
The one that sets you to level 9 aquae crest would need to be looked at. Pretty sure there's a way to make it cost less to cast anyway.
Then there's the weapon ones. . .
Seiryuu Tessen's invoke if you have seiryuu summoned would basically be a 3m cast full invoke, which honestly probably isn't too op since punishing winds got nerfed. But taking 120 unavoidable wind every turn since Seiryuu's already out if you're nearby could be annoying.
And then there's the magical fist invoke. . You'd be doing bigass ice damage globally every single turn.
And then the magical nova's shotgun thing would be unevadable 300% SWA for 6m.

Invokes are already used a bunch, not necessarily with high speed divine words either.
Though I can agree that a lot of them are pretty bad unless you're also an evoker. Since the +30% Damage passive often is what makes or breaks the investment.

So if HSDW was removed, that damage buff passive was removed,  cooldowns were added to the weapon potential invokes, and the aquae crest one is tweaked, it'd probably be fine overall.

But then we lose out on evoker's coolness, too.
Feels like the evoker invokes just generally have stronger effects on top of just having that 1.3x damage passive. So maybe the issue is just that the passive makes it hard to buff the invokes that need the buffs in case they're ever used together?

So maybe the passive should be removed. . . And all non evoker  non global invokes should get some buffs.

Also making invocation users not have to spend 7 talent points just to not be shit in combat would be a big plus.
(Didn't even mention Adon Graxis since its not in Korvara, but probably should anyway. If you guys make Adon Graxis cost less, hahahahahahahahahahahaha!)
the OPs suggestion isn't actually lowering Momentum costs.

Its a way to rebalance Invocations so higher invocation ranks (such as A:rank) are more possible to put into the game, while also giving a chance for some invocations that are simply lackluster (As pointed out by Autumn, for example) a chance to easily adjust, simply by changing the format that Invocations ranks work on.

So none of the skills outside of HSDW, really would need adjustment in the evoker tree, as they remain quite literally the same. (just bumped up to C)

Another change this would bring is that longer invocations a "book smack" or a "Knock Down" effect, would no longer suddenly entirely delete the cast, as its now taken by 3M step, by step. So its a slow down instead of break.
I assume this also means that you can actually start an invocation with 3 left over Momentum, which possibly makes it feel better to play, but maybe the knockback/down mechanic might need to take a look over in that case.

It's technically a buff to invocations, by removing a little bit of counterplay for longer invocations. Its probably fine though if the little trouble points are adressed. Like Lazarus wind could only knockback/down if its used with 6+ Momentum.

I don't know, it sounds interesting to Experiment with atleast.
Lazarus wind is probably fine as is, even with the change, as it only applies on the initial casting, and KD immunity does in fact exist. 

I gave the idea some thought over the past few days, and I kind of warmed up to it. It does indeed rebalance the longer invocations in a way that acts in their benefit, keeps current d ranks at around the same level of power, and also allows a new tier below the current d ranks that breathes life into the more niche invocations that were on the podium for needing a buff anyway.

Hsdw could act as empowered call storm does, yeah- as long as it keeps only working for evoker invocations anyway.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]