Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rectifer
(01-07-2023, 05:31 AM)Raigen.Convict Wrote: 2 range aoe for a Base class move is fine. Add in a charge mechanic with the excel crash if you want buffs like on Rye.

I mean, I don't really think a 2 range circle AoE is particularly useful, it defeats the purpose of an area of coverage if there isn't much for area to begin with, and unlike say Black Static, this spell doesn't have a nasty status effect tied to it.

You can even look at a skill in Base Mage already that fulfills it's purpose much better, Isendo is a 2 range AoE, but when enhanced with Galren its a 4 range AoE that has bonus damage and pulls magnetized enemies in, that's already well above the capabilities of Rectifier.

Rectifier would be justified in being unable to lightning crit if it were just a larger AoE, I do think that to be true, improving it's usefulness is the key to the spell mostly, as finding yourself in an ideal rectifier range is a very rare occurrence.
I think it's fair for it to be weak because lightning spells are kind of made to be single target stuff, and rectifer just exists as a way to give lightning mages an aoe without making them good at it. In other words, it's ok for rectifer to suck because rye is so damn good.

That being said, a buff would be nice because it just never gets used which is a shame. It just sucks a bit too much. But honestly the main reason I don't use it is because of the noise
Just by making it able to crit alongside its reflection will be enough.

But PLEASE nerf the sound damage tied to this skill.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think the "Its only a base class skill, it can suck!" argument is a silly one to make generally. It implies that its not used by the advanced classes and there should be skills that are generally "not worth using" for straight upgrades of said skill. Thats however not the case. There is no Recetifererer thats does the same in better, directly.

SL2 is not really designed that way, that its base classes are dropped for something else, instead its a vital part of the advanced classes "covering the basics".
So giving it a higher range while under the effects of Redgul for example would be fine. it won't make the spell suddenly OP, it just makes it good enough to be considered using.
Well my point wasn't so much that it's base class, but that it's part of the lightning archetype and those guys are strong in single target and weak in aoe. Though I do agree something like +1 range with redgull would be welcome
Okay while under redgulls effects its 4 range and has added sound damage based on 50% of your sound attack.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Dear god no, imagine amplifying the noise this makes by 50% of my sound ATK.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]