Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Professor Pink's Newbie Hell [2.68]
This has been a bug for quite awhile now but I keep hearing newbies suffer from it constantly.
If you die as a new character before using an inn after leaving Professor Pink's study, you'll end up back there.
Unable to leave, if you're over level 1.

This has lead to many newbies having to reset their characters, lose their icons and levels, or wait hours or days for admins to be able to summon them.
Horrible first impression for many.
I'm not sure how this happens, honestly... The game moves you to your respawn marker when you exit the tutorial. I'm not sure how it gets reset when you're out.

Any ideas?
Not really. I haven't really experienced it myself, but all the newbies basically say that they have never used an inn (Didn't have enough money), and when they're defeated they're brought back to the library. I would just assume that the respawn marker is bugging out when its not tied to an inn or something. Seems to work fine when you choose Cellsvich as your starting area. . .And Dormeho. I Don't have the patience to go through the tutorial another 10 times to test all the other areas. . .

It happened to three people the same week, but I haven't heard of it happening since then.
Happened again today! CupidS was sent back to professor pink's library at level 4, post death.
They said
OOC CupidS: maybe
OOC Lord Duckneck: what was your very first spawn point you went to
OOC CupidS: its because while choosing start city i closed the game and then choose it again
OOC CupidS: the first one
OOC CupidS: i spawned at a forest to choose a contract
OOC CupidS: how do i contact a gm?

They made it sound like its been happening a few times.
(OOC CupidS: every time i die i spawn here)

Some new information, unsure if its helpful however.
It sounds like they spawned in the great six, maybe?
I've figured out how to recreate this, Details Dm'd to dev.
This should be corrected in 2.73, let me know if it isn't for whatever reason.