Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rework and buff of flat stat bonuses.
I think that the remaining skills that provide FLAT stat bonuses should no longer be affected by diminishing returns in exchange for a nerf to a number of their numbers... Like eastern wind... And Arbalests skill bonuses... These have plagued classes for far too long and gone UNUSED due to diminishing returns simply returning like... +1 out of a +5 buff.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Perhaps this is not a bad idea. However the real problem is the game is already buff heavy and all this would encourage is even more buff stacking. We don't really need more things to look at even if it is not a bad idea. Perhaps this is just the problem with the stat system where we have a soft-cap? However it would make Static Air more useful once you are soft capped at LUCK and most other abilities which are ignored due to the reason of soft cap or lose it. Unless CEL or SKI which you want MORE then the soft cap even.
I think this change wouldn't be too bad in concept but it should certainly be looked at on a case by case basis. For instance, dk+flametouched gi and other buffs could give you like a hundred strength on a shaitan grip. There's a good reason the softcap is there, it makes balance easier.

To me, the real solution is just buffing those skills a bit. Like the ski buff from arbalest could give skill and hit
(12-24-2022, 10:42 PM)Poruku Wrote: I think this change wouldn't be too bad in concept but it should certainly be looked at on a case by case basis. For instance, dk+flametouched gi and other buffs could give you like a hundred strength on a shaitan grip. There's a good reason the softcap is there, it makes balance easier.

To me, the real solution is just buffing those skills a bit. Like the ski buff from arbalest could give skill and hit
Deadly aim could give a skill and crit damage buff.
All of these are great ideas. I'm mostly suggesting mine as the easiest idea given it's probably time consuming to toutch up on these old skills and such, plus with so many case by case instances it'd need a thorough check... But for an example, static air giving 5 luck not affected by diminishing returns sounds MUCH more useful in the long run, same for the other enchant class spells from mage.  Deadly aim being pushed down to like 5 skill sounds fair enough, and the passive skill from the class being toned down to like 3 to grant plenty of hit chance but also avoid destroying the meta would make the class seem a tiny bit more appealing. Same for Eastern wind... Maybe like 3 from the base version and +2 for being to the east for 5 to Cel and Skill without diminishing returns granting an actual hit bonus to Rogue. These are just two eggregious examples I see. There's a LOT of these skills around that would need to be toned down in exchange for gaining the full benefits when using points on them. But it'd be worth it to change them this way to give these skills and classes a bit more appreciation. 

Now, I know what you're thinking... Adding +8 skill with no diminishing returns sounds rediculous but in reality +16 total hit chance while obnoxius on a weapon who's base class gives it a similar buff already from existing, It's not as bad as one would suspect given bows now are strength based. Strength tax lowers your stat total overall since bows ALSO encourage crit, so high Luck, moderate Guile, high Skill, high Strength, and suddenly you're unable to take a defensive stat... Which in turn causes the overall difference in hit to somewhat balance out thanks to no longer having the ability to easy stack Skill as a damage scaling on Bows which also suffer farshot penalty and close-shot penalty.

And before someone asks, no, we're not changing lucky shell, that remains with diminishing returns because could you IMAGINE?!
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Eastern Wind could give +8 Hit at max rank (being doubled on the eastern side), and Deadly Aim could give +15 Hit/Critical. Most raw stat buffs should generally move to being substat buffs instead, doesn't seem too controversial or elaborate of an opinion.
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Miller, Shujin, Snake
It's not really "easier" to change them across the board, as it would just make many things suddenly unbalanced. Much better to go through each of them.

For instance fire fairy is a joke currently and needs a buff, but relent gale with +5 base cel would be incredibly strong.

The mage +5s are certainly something that should be looked at, I think old skills really need to be revisited and brought up to standard.

But class balance tends to be either one big update like the dh rework, or tiny changes or general buffs to some of the classes. We have yet to see a big sweep of stat buff updates and hit/evade being spread across classes properly
This could only feasibly work if it's only the Innates that grant bonus stats. For example, like Black Knight's Iron Wall. If the bonus was base, or 'a way to increase the soft cap by X', it'd make Burn not completely invalidate it, and encourage people to sacrifice more points investing into DEF, since they'll now be able to obtain something like 67 scaled DEF at max.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Especially booast Ki Awaken