Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unique Racial Traits
Some of the unique racial traits like Vampires Bite, Wyverntouched Poison, salamandra Fire should all be buffed and influenced by the SANC stat, giving you an extra reason to build it.
Barring Salamandra Fire, given that Homunculi are purposefully designed to not scale from SAN due to their artificial creation. Wyverntouched's poison bite and the 3 vampire bite traits do scale from SAN specifically, in fact it says it in the description of each skill. So I am not actually sure what you are trying to ask for here.

[Image: 2mOufsa.png]
[Image: B5EzcvV.png]
[Image: K2Q6zt1.png]
[Image: PiBydI2.png]
Aside from salamandra, they already use SAN yeah. And salamandra is a homonculus, those guys don't really use SAN since they aren't born from a divine influence, kinda like how corrupted and humans don't use san.

If you wanna say let's buff SAN scaling racials though, I'm 100% on board. I think racial skills especially could use some bonus sauce, since usually races are more about the passives and often you don't really see it come into play. Vampires are one of those races where the race takes the forefront, but they could certainly use a buff. I think wyverntouched stuff, especially the venom drive, could use a little buff but it aint bad either. Salamandra are fine though imo. Though the crit fire version is the best for sure and other types of flame could use a buff

But yeah the premise of this post isn't quite right
I do think Poison Bite could stand to scale a lot higher than it does, I wouldn't be afraid of bumping it's numbers up to a weird amount like 80% of SAN or even 100% of SAN with a cap on the maximum LV it could achieve.

Wyverntouched should also start out with a higher base poison resistance, in essence moving them away from relying on having 50 SAN to get the most out of their racials will make their builds a lot less tedious to achieve, the previous problem everyone had with Glykins I might add.

Right now I believe the Venom Drive poison resistance scaling is SAN * 2, I believe this could be changed quite a bit, right now it does not benefit the likes of early game WT or low SAN WT, so I think instead it could be changed to be a 50% + SAN * 1 poison resistance, this is not out of line I believe, as Glykin are fully immune to poison for merely existing. And low SAN WT eat tons of damage from poison still.
Agreed @Wyverntouched.

If anything those 'bites' could also get SAN bonus damage or whatever, as a small compensation for building it. If the bonus effects don't work at least you're making use of the stat directly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah, just giving it SAN damage to enemies would make wyverntouched suddenly good
(12-29-2022, 12:48 AM)Autumn Wrote: Barring Salamandra Fire, given that Homunculi are purposefully designed to not scale from SAN due to their artificial creation. Wyverntouched's poison bite and the 3 vampire bite traits do scale from SAN specifically, in fact it says it in the description of each skill. So I am not actually sure what you are trying to ask for here.

[Image: 2mOufsa.png]
[Image: B5EzcvV.png]
[Image: K2Q6zt1.png]
[Image: PiBydI2.png]
Salamandras needs the best of both, ever played Monster Hunter Rise? There’s a Monster from Frontier called Espinas, I’d suggest Salamandra’s get a flame art that has a chance to burn and poison. Cause the only worthwhile one is explosion and their verison if venom drive is ass.

As for Wyverntouches I can somewhat agree their poison bite can use a nice buff, hell I can probably like of other races’ uniques that can use a buff, looking at you Vampire and Lupines
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Wyvern bites always felt way worse than vampire bites to me, despite wyverntouched having far fewer racials. I'd love to see them, Hyattyr, and Omina buffed.