Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ki Awakening
An idea for a change to make for Ki Awoken in Monk. Tone it to +5 to all stats, 6 with a white spirit, and make its hp drain 10% on the first round and increase by 1% per turn. Grant the player 10% vampirism on basic attacks and 5% on skills or spells.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I think the general consensus of a Ki Awoken buff would be making the stats it grants ignore Diminishing Returns. That alone would make this skill worth using.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Pyro
Flavor-wise, why would it give lifesteal?
Honestly I dont know flavorwise, but i was thinking of how to make it worth using.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
pretty much just ignore diminsihing returns or scale down the HP cost per turn by a lot, cause its almost never worth the HP trade off.

Else instead of flat stats, getting sub stats like direct SWA/HIt/Dodge maybe even DR.

or any mix of the above would make it more useful. That it hurts yourself more than you can ever hope to dish out with it on including momentum costs makes it near unuseable outside of some niche cases where you abuse selfhealing with selfstunning. though thats not really the intended use.
Another idea. Add that it gives 3 more momentum per turn. And on activation it refunds itself. When turned off it also refunds 3m
(01-15-2023, 06:49 AM)Raigen.Convict Wrote: Another idea. Add that it gives 3 more momentum per turn. And on activation it refunds itself. When turned off it also refunds 3m

Momentum gain is a dangerous game and wouldn't be a great way to fix the skill, especially since turning it off with this proposed suggestion would be a straight +3m net gain (turning it off is already free momentum-wise). Ignoring diminishing returns I could kinda see, though honestly I think the easiest way to fix the skill is to just add flat sub stats like Shujin suggested on top of the current stat gains.

The balance of the skill is a bit hard to nail down as far as buffing it goes, since I don't think it should always be a net positive at all times. It SHOULD have risk and a certain nicheness tied to it that make smart use of it rewarding rather than always rewarding. The current risk as is- is solid imo, it's just the reward that's *slightly* lagging.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 2 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • ThatOneHop, Trexmaster
If you don't use it lose it as they say. If you only get benefit from it part of the time then why put skill points into it unless the rare times you actually use it is more then enough to justify putting it on your bar outside another skill from Monk. It's just one of those things where this doesn't just effect Ki Awakened but this one actively hurts you.
Momentum Gain would only be plausible after it chunks more than 40% of your maximum HP while active, so people can't just use and reuse Ki Awoken to thwart the drawback.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]