Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darkest Dungeon
[Image: 38BiGW6.png]

The game gets so dark at night, I would go so far as to say it's a huge pain to deal with. Travelling at night is annoying, and it gets even worse when you want to do a dungeon like sea of clouds that has day/night in there. I'm trying to do some mining and I have to strain my eyes to do it.

You could argue it's immersive, but in my opinion it's just very annoying. You have to squint and get real close to your screen or crank the brightness way up to navigate around. 

You can't really light up your path as the torch range is tiny, and the only way to light up the world is campfires. Hell, even the inside of some cities is very dark at night sometimes (mostly Geladyne).

I suggest that the night be made a tiny bit brighter. Or at least, make the torch light up a really wide area so you can see where you're going.
[-] The following 3 users Like Poruku's post:
  • Fern, Sawrock, Trexmaster
I honestly miss the tile-by-tile darkness from SL1. Yeah it looked ugly, but it was a cool mechanic to play with.

To clarify for those who didn’t play SL1, in earlier versions of the game at nighttime or in dark areas you had a set range of vision that was tile-based, which make exploration dangerous if you didn’t know the lay of the land. Monsters could more easily ambush you and you could still hear beyond your sight range (and I think voice-directional tiles were still a thing then), so it was less graphically immersive but definitely more practically immersive. Nothing gets me out of my roleplay groove like having to squint painfully at a screen.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]