Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omina's Racials
Fortune Vacuum
- Luck Drain should not be capped by Sanctity, instead it can gain an additional stack every 25 Scaled SAN used.
- Luck Drain's cap is equal to the Omina's Character LV/2.
- Unluck should increase your LUC by (Scaled SAN)% of its LV.

Trait: Black Cat's Scorn
- There's a reason why they shouldn't cross a black cat. Upon evading or glancing an enemy, you automatically apply Omina's Curse to them. If the enemy is unaffected by Luck Drain, you gain 3 Unluck instead. (This effect can only happen once per enemy).

Trait: Black Crow's Hunger
- Crows are definitely the harbingers of bad luck, especially around corpses. For any unit that is defeated, friend or foe, you harvest some of their essence, regaining 15 HP and FP. If they were afflicted with Luck Drain, you also gain Unluck equal to its LV.

Trait: "Good" Fortune
- A rare aspect of an Omina is to bestow good luck. It works, sometimes. Gain the skill 'Bestow Fortune', which targets either yourself or an ally, increasing their Hit, Critical and Evade by X for 5 rounds. (X = Unluck LV, min. 5) If the LV is equal or higher than 15, they will also be immune to debuffs for the duration.

However, every round there will be a chance the blessing will go awry, reversing its effects and causing it to reduce Hit/Critical/Evade, and your Status Resistance to 0. (50% chance, reduced by the unit's LUC. 75% chance if used on self.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Lv9Slime, Shadbase
It would be really nice to have a SAN viable omina build. I support these changes but the good fortune trait is kinda wack. I'm still down.

I think there should be a bonus effect to that active skill that drains luck from one target, to make omina not a meme in 1v1s. Maybe it reduces the enemy's hit and evade by 5 for a duration and steals bonus unluck per SAN threshold.
Omina's Curse? I don't know what to add to that, aside it dealing Darkness magic damage to the enemy and restoring some of your HP, so it gives a "drain" vibe to it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Welcome to racial abilities, they are either good or just kinda meh. I am starign at you once amazing Hyattr breath or the fact you need Sanc for most of the active ones which I think defeats the purpose of racials.
I think it would be interesting to maybe give Omnias a bit of a "Phantom Thief"-like traits. More stealing what can't be seen, usually luck but possibly other things. Fp? Give Stat Debuff other than luck? mess with their item belt?

San certainly is currently not worth building for them, and the luck vacuum is oddly restricted, so yeah...I support most ideas to make them more viable, they were always weak ever since they got released (albeit hilarious at times) and only worse with nerfs to luc and turn order (Pushing someone in a hole ain't really all that viable anymore in most cases).