Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Elf - Redrayder
the Redrayder Tribe racial trait for Wild Elf has an effect where if you hit your opponent with a basic attack on round one, they lose access to their item belt for three turns.

I believe this needs to be changed, to be round two, or the first basic attack you inflict each fight, or any time you knock down the opponent, or a status resistance based chance any time you crit your opponent with a basic attack, or if you're the first person to land a basic attack in a fight.

With how far way people start in a battle, hitting with a basic attack by round one is generally unfeasible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes renowner's post:
  • Poruku
Agreed, but honestly Wild Elves as a whole need a rework or a big buff
I am still under the impression that Wild Elves are very good when you play to their current strength, the hit rate buff, if they were reworked I'd like to see that addressed as well.
A small hit boost for free isn't bad.
I still think Redtails and Corbies are better in that situation, but really this is just specifically for this one racial trait of wild elf.
The snake one also is pretty terrible but its at least flavorful I guess.
(01-24-2023, 03:33 PM)renowner Wrote: A small hit boost for free isn't bad.
I still think Redtails and Corbies are better in that situation, but really this is just specifically for this one racial trait of wild elf.

Redtail I can give you that, but their chances are nearly entirely luck based, and can backfire. Corbies on the other hand do not gain as much hit per SAN as Wild Elves do, and Wild Elves are not tied to an airborne condition, just a weapon type condition.

Normally it would not apply to most weapons, but 2 notable examples it does apply to are 2 very low hit rate weapons that do genuinely appreciate that up to +20 hit rate. Those being Electric Axe and Daggers, who very much have their usual dynamics change up quite a bit from having a +20 hit rate buff inherently.

Of course this also takes having 40 SAN to make the full use of, which is no cheap price in any build, it is the strongest part of Wild Elf and why I consider them a insanely good niche race, despite the memes people often post about it.
(01-24-2023, 06:00 PM)Autumn Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 03:33 PM)renowner Wrote: A small hit boost for free isn't bad.

Redtail I can give you that, but their chances are nearly entirely luck based, and can backfire. Corbies on the other hand do not gain as much hit per SAN as Wild Elves do, and Wild Elves are not tied to an airborne condition, just a weapon type condition.

Normally it would not apply to most weapons, but 2 notable examples it does apply to are 2 very low hit rate weapons that do genuinely appreciate that up to +20 hit rate. Those being Electric Axe and Daggers, who very much have their usual dynamics change up quite a bit from having a +20 hit rate buff inherently.

Of course this also takes having 40 SAN to make the full use of, which is no cheap price in any build, it is the strongest part of Wild Elf and why I consider them a insanely good niche race, despite the memes people often post about it.

In game description for aerial attacker is flat 10 hit, so corbies don't gain hit from SAN period. They instead gain 1 power + 30% scaled SAN and 10 hit flat. I'm reasonably certain it does work that way as well as I get 10 hit from going airborne exactly.
Yes. And they get to abuse the airstream enchantment, and have golden eyes at max power at only 20 sanctity. Pretty sure most dagger users for example don't want 40 sanctity, so Corbies are still better.

But again. . .This is blatantly just me saying that the 'first turn' basic attack thing is a really stupid effect, when you stand so far away, especially considering the tribe's weapon type is dagger, and me saying that I think this should be changed to be more lenient, or reworked entirely. Such as applying restrain when you steal succesfully or land capture or something.