Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutation: Soulshot
Amalgama's Soulshot mutation only inflicts 1 damage per soul on guns, and 3 damage per soul on all other weapon types. Now that the damage no longer triggers on every round of a gun, this should be modified to do the same damage for all weapon types. As of now ,all guns just get a worse benefit than other weapon types for no real reason.
and probably ramp up the numbers a bit, maybe 5 per soul. 15 damage is very low and the other mutation options are better than this in basically almost every case. it still goes against res afterall.
That mutation could work like Bonder's skill, in which it deals 10% of the damage dealt by the basic hit as bonus darkness magic damage that ignores protection.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(01-28-2023, 05:46 PM)Snake Wrote: That mutation could work like Bonder's skill, in which it deals 10% of the damage dealt by the basic hit as bonus darkness magic damage that ignores protection.

I don't think this is particularly a good idea. It's a hard buff and it doesn't need it frankly-

With a low HP EI off excel, you can easily hit 600+. Soulshot being 60 or more damage is too much.

This is also a buff for dagger critting amalgummies cause they can easily hit 300 on dagger crits, make it 30 instead of 15.

It is worse again heavy tanks as your base hit is also lower.

I don't think it needs to be better at killing squishies - which it's already good at - and worse at killing tanks - which it isn't amazing at.

Admittedly, I don't think this needs a buff cause it already applies on a lot of good stuff ™ like twin dance making it thirty damage per hit pre reductions. Doing that three times a turn is ninety per turn which for a passive is quite a lot.

The gun change would be nice however.
I don't actually think soulshot is weak, when you factor in twin dance shenanigans. Normally its very mediocre I agree, but just getting a free 75 damage or so each turn is pretty nice. If its going to be buffed, then i'd tentatively say it should cap at 4 damage per soul, I think even 5 per soul is creeping past fan dagger territory.

(I would 100% Be on board for it ignoring magical defense however. Just not dark resistance. It probably should to begin with.)
this and evil force really need to modernize
Evil force could get a tap, yeah.