Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture
Currently capturing somebody mid battle is just a little rp thing in text. Capture itself has a lowered hit rate and a lowered damage rate, so actually going for capture can be very risky, and much more difficult to end the battle with.

I think if you've been captured rply, you wouldn't really be in a condition to continue fighting, so i'd like for it to also add certain defeat if this triggers. Then the flavor would match the function.

Its kind've lame in my opinion to capture someone, only for them to stand right back up completely uninhibited two seconds later.
Giving checkmate's strongest effect to everyone that puts one point in a talent? Certain Defeat is a very powerful status that shouldn't be accessible to everyone I feel like personally. I think Dev has said that capture in PvP is purely flavor only, and doesn't really have to be abided by it's context fully either.
While I see why you wouldn't want to give capture certain defeat, I think its also not comparable to checkmate, given its low hitrate and damage. Nailing the death attack with it is fairly difficult and therefore it would never be a replacement for checkmate.

I think its difficult enough to be "fair" in that regard, alas I am indifferent towards it.
(01-27-2023, 03:57 PM)Shujin Wrote: While I see why you wouldn't want to give capture certain defeat, I think its also not comparable to checkmate, given its low hitrate and damage. Nailing the death attack with it is fairly difficult and therefore it would never be a replacement for checkmate.

I think its difficult enough to be "fair" in that regard, alas I am indifferent towards it.

I never exactly implied it would be replacing checkmate, I think Certain Defeat is the strongest aspect of it.
If Capture needs anything, is to make sure Monsters won't survive with 9 HP and then die to tile effects later, rendering your holding back to capture them for nothing.

Could it just deal a bonus 999 Akashic damage if the monster in question is below a certain HP threshold like 10% to make the life of capturing enemies a bit less frustrating?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Checkmate's strongest effect is 100% Its unevadability, when capture reduces hit and damage by a good amount.
Checkmate can't be compared to capture. It's powerful because of the bonus damage and evasion ignoring. The certain defeat is just a bonus.

I think having a skill that lets you "finish" an enemy in combat is an important part of the very important nerfing of healers in team fights.
I agree!