Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evil Force
Evil Force still does less for guns despite guns changing how they function.
I'd love if this stipulation would be removed.
[-] The following 2 users Like renowner's post:
  • Miller, Snake
I have an idea for it.

Quote:Evil Force

A mastery of tainted powers, in a sense. Increases the Scaled Weapon ATK of Cursed or Doomed weapons based on Rank. The bonus is halved if Hexer is not your Main Class.

Rank 1: +10 SWA
Rank 2: +15 SWA
Rank 3: +20 SWA
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Poruku, Sawrock
We don't need more SWA given all the extra we'll be getting in the upcoming update. We shouldn't be trying to speed up battles faster than they already are with that.

But yes, I agree with Ren as the evil force for guns limits should probably be removed due to the new gun changes.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
(02-04-2023, 06:08 PM)Senna Wrote: We don't need more SWA given all the extra we'll be getting in the upcoming update. We shouldn't be trying to speed up battles faster than they already are with that.

But yes, I agree with Ren as the evil force for guns limits should probably be removed due to the new gun changes.

Power is already added to SWA in a 1:1 ratio, changing it to SWA from Power actually has a chance of making it less powerful due to how Power interacts with certain weapon properties...
Just removing the stipulation for guns is good enough.
(02-04-2023, 06:08 PM)Senna Wrote: We don't need more SWA given all the extra we'll be getting in the upcoming update. We shouldn't be trying to speed up battles faster than they already are with that.

I could be wrong on this one, but wasn't the huge difference between power and SWA how it interacts with power boosts?
Like how flame throwers (engineer buff) for example is entirely unuseable for it being Power instead of SWA for things like high scaling with basic attacks as its a flat increase, meaning its not boosted further by crit mods like CC does for example?

I remember there being some weird interaction compareable to that...Also that power actually in many cases actually is just SWA, which is visble when you use effects that specifically use power like old nitrogen bomb and salamander?

Memory a little iffy on that one, as it has been some time since I played around with it, and I felt it was inconsistent back then already.

To topic? just removing the weird gun interaction should be fine enough.
SWA is boosted by skill modifiers and total power bonuses (IE: 160% swa on a skill and kingslayer)
Power is boosted by Critical Modifiers and none of the former.

While in basics cases they're more or less 'close enough' to SWA, they are not one and the same.

IE:
Skill SWA * Skill Scaling * Kingslayer + Power
(Basic SWA * King Slayer + Flat Power) * Critical Modifier

A lot of wording is pretty outdated or confusing and sometimes there's weird exceptions where some power bonuses do apply to SWA, like Pure Power.

Either way, it should stay as power IMO or heavily reduced from current values if it were to be changed from power to SWA, which would be a rather unnecessary nerf towards the basic side of things.
Beyond the obvious removal of an old gun stipulation, evil force really needs a buff. Cursed main weapon is still fairly niche.
It is niche, but it's certainly a meaningful boost in power. I'm making use of it myself at the moment, and I'd agree that all it really needs is an update to remove the now pointless limitation on guns.
I also think its fine. Maybe making it not halved if you're not main classed hexer would also be fine in my opinion, but really it just shouldn't be weaker on guns.