[WIP] Voilegard Update

If you want to make maps for the game, you need look no further than this forum!
Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

[WIP] Voilegard Update

Post by Blissey » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Anyway, as many already know, I've been working on Voilegard's map for a bit now. I haven't progressed much on it after doing what I've done so far (which is, admittedly, a lot). I wanted to post progress shots and show everyone -- but especially Dev -- what has been done so far.

Unfortunately I don't have proper screenshots from an actual hosted server because I forgot most of my mapping knowledge, but the above images show everything I've done. I wanted to make Voilegard more modern but keep it urban. I also wanted to clean up the paths and add extra things to promote casual RP.

I'll likely change a lot of this too. I may even add more farming land instead of making fenced flower fields, but I was really focused on the aesthetics at the time. I also added too many trees for some reason.

Something I do need help with is figuring out how to set lamp posts and do lighting. I also would like any input anyone wishes to provide on this. I just wanted to put this here to show that something with Voilegard is being done.

Also yes, I haven't touched house positions, so all houses should be fine.
Last edited by Blissey on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently

Whitender
Novice Member
Novice Member

Re: [WIP] Voilegard Re...skin? Revamp?

Post by Whitender » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:02 pm

So far so good, it feels like there is too many trees, but I'll say Name it Voliegard Map Remake as it seems like a good job you did out there Blissey.

Aqua
Intermediate Poster
Intermediate Poster

Re: [WIP] Voilegard Update

Post by Aqua » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:52 pm

Looking good so far Blissey. Be real nice to see the place be brighten up with the flowers etc.

Keep up the good work!

Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:54 pm

I like especially how it's not all uniform, it feels like a remote town in the middle of near-nowhere. I think I see a Water Well in there, so that's the only thing I'd have mentioned if there wasn't one. Overall, I like the trees.

MakeshiftWalrus
GM
GM

Post by MakeshiftWalrus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:32 pm

Given the recent housing shortage, you may want to make the map larger. It's just a thought, because I know a couple people who have been trying to get a Voilegard house for a while now.

Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

Post by Blissey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:22 pm

I could, yes. However, Dev didn't want me to touch housing at all. I'll wait and see if he's willing to add more housing to Voilegard before expanding the map.

Hopefully he sees this thread and is able to offer an answer/input as well.

Neus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neus » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 am

I'm willing, just don't make the map super large (anything exceeding twice the current size, for example). Also, the current houses shouldn't be moved or else it will break them.

Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

Post by Blissey » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:01 am

Neus wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 am
I'm willing, just don't make the map super large (anything exceeding twice the current size, for example). Also, the current houses shouldn't be moved or else it will break them.
You got it.