Lore Questions: Septemberish (2019)

An archive of lore questions. Answered every month.
Turadis

Re: Lore Questions: Septemberish (2019)

Post by Turadis » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:27 am

On the subject of Mercana and the appropriate times to use it, in a previous lore thread you've said the following.
Neus wrote:"...If a threat, such as a monster, is about and the only way to make sure it's stopped is to heal someone who can defeat it, that is another valid use. If you are pursuing a greater threat towards others, such as monsters (but not mortals), then it can be used without much worry..."
Aren't there scenarios where these tenants can potentially conflict? For instance, a serial killer or murderous assailant is a greater threat towards others, and also a mortal. Potentially one that could be stopped by healing someone capable of defeating them. Is it legal to use healing Mercana in just about any circumstance where the consequence of not using healing Mercana could reasonably lead to someone's death? Or is there a threshold of danger that must be surpassed? If so, where would such a threshold lie?

Skimmy2
Novice Member
Novice Member

Post by Skimmy2 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:32 pm

1: If an overly suicidal ambitious individuals attempted to found their own City State or micro nation, how swiftly would they be resubjugated?
I imagine the Onigan and Sigroganian Empires would soon send their troops to deal with such rebellious behaviour however what about on Egwyn, Kysei or elsewhere?

1a: In other words, how likely would a new Sovereignty form with the current world powers?

2: does Onigan culture have a negative stereotype to tattoos? And if so, how do they view Summoners?
Munch

Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

Post by Blissey » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 pm

I know I've asked a lot already, but... Some of us are going crazy over this and need clarification:

When Mercala ATTEMPTED to heal Ryart's wounds, is it implied (see: confirmed) that she failed to heal him BECAUSE of Zera's unique ability to inflict Cursed Wounds?
If yes, does this mean Mercala would not be able to heal wounds caused by Zera, despite his Akasha not being able to sever her connection to life?
And tying into this question, is the Akasha the weapon that deals Cursed Wounds, or is it merely Zera's own unique ability? Seems like he wouldn't need the Akasha if that were the case.

Also like in SL1, do people have Nairyfian and Mercalan energies inside of them keeping them alive? I remember this from somewhere and I think it MAY have been SL1, but something tells me this was mentioned in SL2 as well (officially, that is, not by a player).
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently

Blissey
Social Poster
Social Poster

Post by Blissey » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:33 am

With the advent of clinics in full-swing, this questions begs an answer:

How is blood type identified for transfusions?

If a Vampire donates blood and the blood is transfused to someone (be it human, another race, etc.), how would the patient react? What if it's somehow blood from six different Vampires? Is there a way for someone to differentiate Vampire blood from regular blood aside from lack of Focus?
Last edited by Blissey on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently

Moira

Post by Moira » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:19 am

1.) Would it be possible to cut off someone's arm and leg then graft their leg to their open wound arm socket and have it mend? I wouldn't expect it to be a functioning leg, but I was wondering if it would be possible to do that and have them not bleed out or die.

2.) On the same vein, could you cut someone's lips and then graft the cuts together so they can't talk?

Thank you!

Edit: I heard from Sawrock that he did something sorta similar for an event with one of his characters, Bloeden to make mutants some years ago.
Last edited by Moira on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shujin
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Post by Shujin » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:31 am

Liches and Synthetic Hair. How exactly does it work:
A.) The Material is simply resistant to the "Burn"
B.) Is it meant to be ontop of whatever material their Epherial body is possessing, like some skull or Helmet, and therefore just untouched by the Acashic flames?

2.) Does that also mean that in theory Syntheic skin(Or Silicone) could be applied similary to how Mechanations work, as long its not directly touching the "Fire"? As I assume its barely any extra weight to move, so shouldn't be much of a problem for the lich.

3.) Can a Lich therefore posses some "Real sized Dolls", assuming they are made of fire resistant material?
3 B.) Plus synthetic Skin/hair over said material?