Mercury Boots Teleport

Have an idea for the game? Something you'd like to see improved? This is where you should post it.
iDarkCara
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Mercury Boots Teleport

Post by iDarkCara » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 pm

I noticed while using the Mercury boots, the teleport movement is very nice, but it still functions like a normal move and thus you have to spend movement going around something despite just teleporting.

Is it possible to get that movement modified to a blink style, where it can go a certain distance regardless of collisions? Or was it done this way for balance purposes//coding?
Image I'm also still Batman.

Soapy
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Re: Mercury Boots Teleport

Post by Soapy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 pm

This has been suggested repeatedly, so don't get your hopes up.

Miller
Talkative Poster
Talkative Poster

Post by Miller » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:13 pm

And a Bluebeo can give you a slight boost if you mix a Mercury and Beo together.

Nuclear
Novice Member
Novice Member

Post by Nuclear » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Miller » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:13 pm wrote:And a Bluebeo can give you a slight boost if you mix a Mercury and Beo together.
I'm not sure how that's relevant to the topic at hand, but yes, this is the case. (You also need a Spirit Chain)

Anyway, I think this is a sensible request although if I recall correctly, the Mercury boots aren't actually teleporting you. Their description implies that it simply makes you appear to move as if you had.
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."