Elemental Resistant Cloths?

Have an idea for the game? Something you'd like to see improved? This is where you should post it.
Spoops
Posted to Death
Posted to Death

Elemental Resistant Cloths?

Post by Spoops » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:33 am

Given the nature of unarmored tending to be tailored to go against magic, I do find it odd there's no cloth for giving resistances to a fair number of elements still, it could also serve to spice up the armor budget a tiny bit. One could argue that materials like Chainmail/Canvas/Leather existing solely for cloth is one such boon they have, but currently the ratio of standard non-remain type metal to cloth is 11 - 9, so I think there could be a couple of additions (+material change kits) to help improve some builds.

Here's what I think we might like:

Fire-Resistant Cloth (Given how strong fire just is, I think a lot of people would love an addition like this.)
Ice-Resistant Cloth
Water-Resistant Cloth
Earth-Resistant Cloth

Metal has just about every resistance imaginable except acid, while metal does have sound resistance I equate to the poison resistance from Snakescale.

Not to mention it allows making up some more stat-lines for torso armor pieces, so that might be fun to mess around with too.