NEUS Projects

Full Version: Itemization vs immobilize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the same way that there is itemization vs silences, there should be significant itemization against immobilize (and immobilize-like effects) available to players, it can be a shoe slot if you need the slot to be a sacrifice in some way. 

A few such examples off the top of my head could be:

-Heron feather like example that lowers immobilize/frozen/clumsy duration by 1 turn
-Shoes that give you a way to break immobilize/clumsy for 1m
-Torso item slot that makes you immune to immobilization (Like Braveheart)

I think Kameron brought this point up a very long time ago but I still think it relevant enough to bring up again still. If you want my opinion, a heron feather-like effect against immobilization results in faster builds having a leg up on immobilization spam, such as with Tentacles, soaked + ice damage etc.
This is fair, ideally I believe there should be a way around every status effect. But some are just way too crippling. Clumsy and Immobilize are really hard CCs for melee users.
It doesn't help that there are multiple 'effects' that do the same thing more-or-less

Immobilize / Frozen / Clumsy blocks movement-style skills (Hanging/Haunting)
Immobilize / Frozen / Reduced Move block movement or severely hamper it ( Forced Move / Cripple Leg for the Reduced Move )

Frozen is basically just Immobilize on steroids.
I find the idea of proper immunities to be a bit annoying so I'd say please no to those, but duration reductions and status breakers with decent cooldowns would be nice to see.