Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Itemization vs immobilize
In the same way that there is itemization vs silences, there should be significant itemization against immobilize (and immobilize-like effects) available to players, it can be a shoe slot if you need the slot to be a sacrifice in some way. 

A few such examples off the top of my head could be:

-Heron feather like example that lowers immobilize/frozen/clumsy duration by 1 turn
-Shoes that give you a way to break immobilize/clumsy for 1m
-Torso item slot that makes you immune to immobilization (Like Braveheart)

I think Kameron brought this point up a very long time ago but I still think it relevant enough to bring up again still. If you want my opinion, a heron feather-like effect against immobilization results in faster builds having a leg up on immobilization spam, such as with Tentacles, soaked + ice damage etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
This is fair, ideally I believe there should be a way around every status effect. But some are just way too crippling. Clumsy and Immobilize are really hard CCs for melee users.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It doesn't help that there are multiple 'effects' that do the same thing more-or-less

Immobilize / Frozen / Clumsy blocks movement-style skills (Hanging/Haunting)
Immobilize / Frozen / Reduced Move block movement or severely hamper it ( Forced Move / Cripple Leg for the Reduced Move )

Frozen is basically just Immobilize on steroids.
I find the idea of proper immunities to be a bit annoying so I'd say please no to those, but duration reductions and status breakers with decent cooldowns would be nice to see.