NEUS Projects

Full Version: Stillness, Darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I feel like Stillness, Darkness gives far too much Dark Resistance.

For instance, a Vampire with 52 Sanctity (which rounds to around 50 Scaled Sanctity for 200 Essence) has a whopping 74% Darkness Resistance without anything else factoring in.

Between items (Carapace and Demonsilk equipment, Voidwalkers, Blue Iron Shield, etc), class skills (Dark Shield, Hard Light w/ Altera, Bask in Light w/ Altera) and other such things (Stamps, Blessings, etc.) getting to 100% is a cinch for a Vampire.

I'd like to suggest that this be halved to 1% per 6 Essence. The Light Weakness would stay 1% per 6 Essence as it already is.
1% per 3 is silly and makes vampires darkness immune. Which, while hillarious to just fuck matadors over with, is still stupid.

1% per 6 for darkness resist (or even 1% per 5) for Darkness, or just raising light weakness up so they have to actually cover their damn weakness, would be an overly welcome change to vampires.

(seriously. Nerf them. 25% healing doesn't do much when they get +12 to a ton of stats and just faceroll peepz)
Yes, please. Make it happen.
Although I'm tempted to say Vampires need more than just a nerf to Darkness Resist, increasing the ratio to 1:5 or 1:6 (Resist per Essence) would be a nice place to start.

Edit: I'm a bit confused how it currently adds up to 74% Resist (I get 66.6--% with the current 1:3 ratio, 40% Resist in the 1:5 ratio and 33.3--% with a 1:6 ratio).
I'd personally much rather give them a bigger light weakness than less dark resist, but less dark resist is a step in the right direction.
Making the Dark and Light Resist/Weakness identical makes sense, especially amidst all of the other bonuses Vampires get. I'm not going to lie, almost everyone seems to resist Dark by now, and it's usually unintentional. I would like to see this change.
I personally would aslo prefer the higher light weakness to counter that. How things currently are most vampires donĀ“t even trigger a "Weakness!" message, thanks to San giving some light resist and the stamp +5% light res, brighter darknss.
So yeah, matching Light/dark weakness/res sounds good in my ears.
I think lowering the dark resistance is a bit more solid in my eyes but I could see it going either way.
The incognito race already has a huge weakness to Holy and a 75% healing reduction.

I don't think having them remain immune to dark but instead being completely obliterated by light is exactly the best way to go, not even the actual zombie enemies are like that.

And if we take GM lore into account, even zombies can overcome their light weakness.
People underestimate just how badly the healing reduction affects vampires. I don't think they need any nerfs at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4