NEUS Projects

Full Version: Chains Against Sigrogana: Jail sucks, lets make it better.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get it. Jail Sucks. But being realistic in a game where we're supposed to have fun also sucks. Jail is sort of practically an IC Soft Ban. You can't even do dungeons or anything apart of the game because you tried to be an idjit and rob the bank in the middle of the arena. Stupidity shouldn't be solved by soft bans, but instead by in game mechanics. (Or not.) So since I already have ideas for my thing, but maybe Dev can actually help with the problem of being jailed for IC hours or days or mercala forbid months with the same ideas I have.

Suggestion
Let Jail Times be extremely low and more reflect in game time, but add in a new (timed or manually removed/added) debuff that is considered permanent and undispellable that reduces damage, healing, and buff/debuff levels to certain support skills done to all players other then yourself by 90% for the normal amount of time. Essentially, gimp all form of PvP for the captured. Maybe disallow PvP at all or something. (though maybe not the best of ideas.)

This might be hard to implement, but even without a timer this solves the feeling of being soft banned. Even just saying that they're still in jail and OOCly outside makes it better. Maybe just put a leg cuff on them or something. Nullstone Cuffs were already a spicy meatball, so why not.

I dunno man. Who wants to be an the villain when robbing that guy in the forest essentially sends a signal flare to 4 guards down your behind. (Even if it's hidden.) and gives you a mandatory break from playing the character completely?

Supplementary Video
To be honest your OOCly able to dungeons if your have a long sentence iirc. Im not exactly sure how you'd go about getting the permission to do so. However that won't change the fact you'd still be locked up for your crimes, it does also mean you can't RP when your OOCly released considering ICly your in the fort.

Quote:Let Jail Times be extremely low and more reflect in game time.
At this point you'd be out the sooner you were put in. Time scales quicker in game then it does OOCly, in which case there'd be no point in arresting you for a crime that lasts an IC day.
Aqua post_id=34264 time=1543747193 user_id=1961 Wrote:To be honest your OOCly able to dungeons if your have a long sentence iirc. Im not exactly sure how you'd go about getting the permission to do so. However that won't change the fact you'd still be locked up for your crimes, it does also mean you can't RP when your OOCly released considering ICly your in the fort.

Quote:Let Jail Times be extremely low and more reflect in game time.
At this point you'd be out the sooner you were put in. Time scales quicker in game then it does OOCly, in which case there'd be no point in arresting you for a crime that lasts an IC day.

In character crimes still aren't bannable offenses and the current iteration of jail is a soft ban where you still have access to ooc.

A simple solution to this would be an additional ooc floor to the jail where a few bdps can spawn, has craft tables and an ooc pawn shop.
To be honest i'd be up for an OOC floor to the jail where BDP's can spawn. I think that's a pretty good idea however I hardly doubt this would be implemented.
Yeah, honestly, that would fix allot of the jail people problems. And if the guards need to rp with the prisoners, they can call em out ooc or LOOC idk.
Coffeeccubus post_id=34271 time=1544001927 user_id=499 Wrote:Yeah, honestly, that would fix allot of the jail people problems. And if the guards need to rp with the prisoners, they can call em out ooc or LOOC idk.

Either or the only time the guards would need to RP with prisoners that I'm aware of is either to follow up on reports they've been handed or for Release.
There'd be no point in adding yet another place that is completely OOC, and I don't think doing so (and making it spawn BDPs) would be of high priority to Dev, either way. If there's a problem, it could really do with seeing improvement both ICly and OOCly. Besides, I'm sure you can potentially ask a guard to let you out for purely OOC purposes, so long as you stick to OOC, so in reality, there's no need at all for an extra floor for BDPs for that.
When I was in jail, it was a hassle asking for a guard to get online and let me out, then let me back in as the roleplay required. Not that it was the guard's fault- it would just be better to have a system to make things go more smoothly in place. Considering how IC crimes are, well, punished ICly, there's no reason to make extra OOC steps for gameplay as well.
Being let out to oocly grind is also a problem since, as before, you can't actually oocly grind, if someone wants to attack/ mug you while you're grinding you have to let them do it.
Lolzytripd post_id=34275 time=1544059319 user_id=58 Wrote:you can't actually oocly grind, if someone wants to attack/ mug you while you're grinding you have to let them do it.

Where in the hell did you hear that? You are never required to be IC while grinding away in dungeons, its utterly absurd to expect otherwise in a game like this.
Pages: 1 2