NEUS Projects

Full Version: The Haunting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can we get some Curse Enchantments?

Bloodsoaked's Catalyst would require a lot of bleeding hearts and some other stuff.

Haunted would require maybe Exorcist and way to bind a soul to a weapon. Dunno what exactly.

Misplaced could be given to any weapon that isn't currently enchanted that is lost whenever a person dies.
[Image: 11qjrpi.jpg]

Icons might've been part of the reason we don't have them. I've been trying to work on some, but I haven't been able to come up with a list for all of them (or ideas). I'd try to make a few others one I have ideas for them, and then post all of them in submissions.

But yes, Catalysts for curses would be very nice to have, please.
I am very againts the catalysts being craftable. I would prefer if they didn't exist in the first place, but them being craftable is just a free superbonus for all hexers. That's just incredibly silly.
And catalysts for enchantments like Rebellion are very easy to come by, same for pretty much every other enchantment. Which is a free bonus to everyone else.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3689#p3689 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:02 am[/url]"]I am very againts the catalysts being craftable. I would prefer if they didn't exist in the first place, but them being craftable is just a free superbonus for all hexers. That's just incredibly silly.

I'm on the fence for the craftability, although it'd be okay if they were, in my opinion. Overall it would benefit more than just hexers in the long-run though, and it's already a pain enough to find a cursed weapon and hope it isn't negative quality. That's the only reason why I think there should be catalysts.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3691#p3691 Wrote:Rendar » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 am[/url]"]And catalysts for enchantments like Rebellion are very easy to come by, same for pretty much every other enchantment. Which is a free bonus to everyone else.

Which is why there shouldn't be a reason why they couldn't work like rebelling does. Aka uncraftable.
To add, rebelling can match the effectivity of haunted/cursed weapon ONLY if they were both on one star item. (And even then it's not matching it).
Sure, you have to keep that one specific class in main slot for it, but that isn't enough to just make it easy to come by gear.

Edit : That alone I believe is one hell of a reason to not have a catalyst for it. Not to mention, if I take a look at negative qualities, then take a look at the +20 in power for basic attacks. Yeaaaaaah. . . .
Oh man that misplaced Catalyst is so OP.

No but really, the majority of curse catalysts out there have imperative drawbacks to them that don't make them anywhere as near OP as Rebelling, you can't compare their power to a +2 power for every star it's missing.

Rustic - + Power but Less Durability than Ether.

Misplaced - +2 to everything but can be lost regardless of equipped or not.

Parasitic - Never loses durability but eats you for it.

Haunted - Sure I can fear people, but the second someone has a Holy weapon I'm fucked.

That's not even all of them, but how are they anywhere remotely as powerful as rebelling? I don't see anywhere as good of benefits. Not even anywhere close to Blessed, which is a craft-able catalyst.
I'm not sure if you're ignoring what's said on purpouse or not, but I refer to my previous post to answer your question regarding the power comparison.
Curse/enchants shouldn't be balanced around the fact that they're hard to find.
If that would prove to be the case the only fix that would be necesary would likely be to lessen the Hexer bonus. Because, after all, that's the main reason this thread exists, sugarcoat it however you want.

I'd like the option of people having the rare, very rare chance, to have something super special that others just can't get their hands on.

I mean, me and the whole group of people around me already have a rebelling masterwork 1star item and rebelling isn't around for that long. Having strongest weapons around becomes insignificant when everyones has them, da?
Pages: 1 2