NEUS Projects

Full Version: Life of the Crimson King
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is related to the Black Falcon event line.

ENTRY 1

"Sir, we lost the battle."

A soldier of our own, a Feather, came to me and informed me of the fresh bloodshed. These words are ones I knew I would hear in spite of everything I had said to them before they chose to march.

"The empire was assisted by many adventurers, as well as other third-party groups."

I knew that would happen.

"We lost many Feathers in the battle. While we took down several enemies, our losses were greater than the opposition..."

I knew that too.

"...we heard that the High Priestess..."

I didn't even need to listen to his words. Everything that he was telling me was just things I knew I'd hear sooner or later.

"...so the enemy retaliated with--"

"Hahaha..."

"Sir?"

"Don't worry. Go back, party fellow. I'll read the report on everything later."

He just stares at me for a moment, then nods and leaves through the door.

I knew everything. That they'd die, that we'd lose - it was obvious. They weren't going to get alive out of a fight against an empire that has historically always worked around danger. Just swinging at them head-on would've done nothing when we're smaller than they are.

I inspired uncertain troops so that they could muster the courage to die for me and make the enemy paranoid. I was told that it was an insane gamble that would be more likely to fail than succeed, and yet I didn't really care about the risks. We lost a noteworthy amount of party attendants because I wanted to play stupid.

This is going to be a worthy sacrifice. I'm sure of it. He's told me that despite everything, it would be fine. And he has never lied to me... he's always been right in everything he's said to me. I'm going to get back at that wretch.

I'm going to rip him out of his throne, take it for myself and make everything what could have been. Whether I have to kill more imperials, or my own men, it doesn't matter.

I'll push through until the end of this party, and I'll die in the attempt if I have to.

After all, this is for you, Aurelia.