NEUS Projects

Full Version: Arcane Gun's issue (Magic Gunner QoL request)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't find very immersive to be swapping one shell for another, just to swap back and continue your round. It's a hassle every time and costs an extra few seconds rather than a fluid combat. So, in that spirit...

Could the Innate: Arcane Gun be changed to either:

- Grants +10 FP Regeneration, if you have at least 1 shell equipped.
or
- Grants +2 FP Regeneration, per equipped shell in your skill pool.
or
- On-Attack: Grants 10 FP, if that attack had a Shell effect enhancing it, once per round.
or
- On-Hit: Grants 10 FP, once per round. (Doubled if Critical Hit)

This would be more fluid than what we have right now, by a long shot (heh).
While I agree, you can also just switch to the same shell you're already using if you have no intent to swap, while still losing time, it does save precious seconds, but I do agree that it could just be 10fp regen per turn much like the summoner passives, since I am the big dumb and always forget to change shell :kek:
Given that swapping shells is effectively free, I agree, just giving the MG 10 FP Regen a turn effectively achieves this goal without the added hassle, a QoL buff for PvE surely.
But loading a shell each round is cooler. Doesn't make any sense for the gun itself to give fp regen
Now. Call me heretical here. But you could use the hotslots.

Yes, I realize the core arguement is 'I shouldn't have to swap and swap back for fp regen'. But yes you should. The action is what recovers the fp, and it encourages a mechanical rotation rather than just sitting on one thing and mashing the 'I shoot you' button. Even if that rotation is doing nothing but loading, unloading and reloading from Blaze >Bright > Blaze or something.

Stop being lazy. Play the game.
Agreed. Work for your free fp B) you can even swap to always the same shell. It's thematic and cool
It's not a matter of 'being lazy or playing the game'. It's a matter of this being redundant because every round you can swap and re-swap back to the same shell for the FP gain. That's just silly to watch as an opponent or an ally, silly to do as a player and not rewarding at all because half of that FP restoration can be obtained for free from a simple Prayer tool.

That one argument would hold more substance if the shell swapping did cost momentum or had a bigger purpose like 'when you swap out of a shell it gets put on cooldown'. But it does -not-, so I don't see why it should stay a hassle like this.
Does swapping shells still proc damage from that one hexxer skill that hurts people every time they use a combat ability?
It does. All shells are Offensive Skills.
Then yeah this would be a minor buff.

As a MG user, I like having a button to press that gives me fp. It's optional and thematic. fp regen would simply feel strange to have on this class. MG gets 10 fp per round at a unique cost, allowing you to reload your shell if you want the extra fp, or skipping that if you don't need it
Pages: 1 2