Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arcane Gun's issue (Magic Gunner QoL request)
I don't find very immersive to be swapping one shell for another, just to swap back and continue your round. It's a hassle every time and costs an extra few seconds rather than a fluid combat. So, in that spirit...

Could the Innate: Arcane Gun be changed to either:

- Grants +10 FP Regeneration, if you have at least 1 shell equipped.
or
- Grants +2 FP Regeneration, per equipped shell in your skill pool.
or
- On-Attack: Grants 10 FP, if that attack had a Shell effect enhancing it, once per round.
or
- On-Hit: Grants 10 FP, once per round. (Doubled if Critical Hit)

This would be more fluid than what we have right now, by a long shot (heh).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While I agree, you can also just switch to the same shell you're already using if you have no intent to swap, while still losing time, it does save precious seconds, but I do agree that it could just be 10fp regen per turn much like the summoner passives, since I am the big dumb and always forget to change shell :kek:
W-what? what do you mean I need to have a catchy signature....i don't know how to do that....wait are you writing this down!?
Given that swapping shells is effectively free, I agree, just giving the MG 10 FP Regen a turn effectively achieves this goal without the added hassle, a QoL buff for PvE surely.
But loading a shell each round is cooler. Doesn't make any sense for the gun itself to give fp regen
Now. Call me heretical here. But you could use the hotslots.

Yes, I realize the core arguement is 'I shouldn't have to swap and swap back for fp regen'. But yes you should. The action is what recovers the fp, and it encourages a mechanical rotation rather than just sitting on one thing and mashing the 'I shoot you' button. Even if that rotation is doing nothing but loading, unloading and reloading from Blaze >Bright > Blaze or something.

Stop being lazy. Play the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kazzy's post:
  • HaTeD
Agreed. Work for your free fp B) you can even swap to always the same shell. It's thematic and cool
It's not a matter of 'being lazy or playing the game'. It's a matter of this being redundant because every round you can swap and re-swap back to the same shell for the FP gain. That's just silly to watch as an opponent or an ally, silly to do as a player and not rewarding at all because half of that FP restoration can be obtained for free from a simple Prayer tool.

That one argument would hold more substance if the shell swapping did cost momentum or had a bigger purpose like 'when you swap out of a shell it gets put on cooldown'. But it does -not-, so I don't see why it should stay a hassle like this.
Does swapping shells still proc damage from that one hexxer skill that hurts people every time they use a combat ability?
It does. All shells are Offensive Skills.
Then yeah this would be a minor buff.

As a MG user, I like having a button to press that gives me fp. It's optional and thematic. fp regen would simply feel strange to have on this class. MG gets 10 fp per round at a unique cost, allowing you to reload your shell if you want the extra fp, or skipping that if you don't need it