NEUS Projects

Full Version: Mercalan Mist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mercalan Mist (Rank 5) should grant a buff to the Priest after casting it, let's call it 'Sacred Veil', which reduces any attacker's Hit by (25 - their Scaled FAI/2), and lasts as a substatus of Mercalan Mist's field effect duration.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
why

/5char
It can't dodge shit at later level content, captain.
That. . Sounds . . Kind of broken to me. Its evade buff got halved for a reason, and lowering the enemy's hit effectively doubles up on your 50 evade cap.
You already have mass brighten which creates a gigantic field of -30 hit light pillars, which is basically the best -hit technique in the game when used correctly, I really don't think its necessary.

All enemies gain -15% Lightning resistance.
All allies gain 25 evade.
All allies gain 10 or 25% of your light attack in hp regen. Honestly with high light attack, or doubling up with soaked this is already pretty good. Just situational I suppose. Soaking an enemy is another -15% Lightning resistance after all. . . And then you can indignant idol on top of that.

I'd maybe be fine with it going up to 30 evade, but I really don't think that's good. Curate and Priest are amazing, I don't think they also need to be the best dodge class, they already get mass brighten.

(Plus don't forget they get the legendary, absurd, Staff of Restrain! If you wanna spend 6m to give someone -60 hit and evade, you already can.)
just swap evade buff for allies to hit debuff to foes.

That way its easier to combine with actual evade buffs, and makes more sense.

Thats the only buff I would probably give it for synergy reasons.
(02-12-2023, 08:11 PM)Shujin Wrote: [ -> ]just swap evade buff for allies to hit debuff to foes.

That way its easier to combine with actual evade buffs, and makes more sense.

Thats the only buff I would probably give it for synergy reasons.

-25 Debuff to all foe's hit sounds really strong, if its swapped from +evade to -hit on all foes that I'd propose that the numbers are lowered to reflect the change in strength this ability would have as a result. (From +25 evade to all allies to -15 hit for all foes, or -20)

Otherwise its a good idea still.
Since its an Invocation I'd probably am sooner going to say 20 than 15, since I do not really think the regen is that good, and else it would pretty much only be a lightning buff stick,

Another idea I would have is giving it the invisible blade buff treatment from Spellthief, aka, having the blind fighting trait half the effect.

Cause I agree in PVP a 25 hit debuff is pretty nasty, I think its fine in PvE though, thats my main reasoning for saying that.
Could be funny to make it go back to 50 evade but halved if they have blind fighting then.
Could be really funny.
that be waaaay to OP, 30 tops if the half thing is in.
I mean it already gives 30 with a white spirit.
And 18% Lightning weakness to enemies.
And 12-30+ Regen to your teamates.

I still don't think its in a bad spot personally.
Pages: 1 2