NEUS Projects
Sheathsword, not end turn. - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Sheathsword, not end turn. (/showthread.php?tid=4063)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Lolzytripd - 01-18-2017

Easily avoidable and negligible?

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Autumn - 01-19-2017

If someone avoids it then you get sacred art which equates to a free use kensei skill, it's not bad whatsoever.

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Lolzytripd - 01-19-2017

Kensei is a deceptive class point sink, I've never once had a kensei build that was able to fit that.

If I want to pick up absolute death/pace/fear, I need to pay passive tax.

If I want hidden cuts to be worth it I need to rank up sheath sword,

If I want bullet barrier and reflect shots to be reliable I have to sink 10 points into them.

Now you are telling me if I want to be able to use sheath sword I'm going to need to pick up sacred art aswell ( also screw this skill, I don't want my kensei skills that I don't have any of because of passive tax to be elemental, elemental is bad, it gets resisted, making the attack weaker.)

Theres a grand total of 99 points worth of stuff in kensei

30 offensive skill, 20 support skill, 24 slotted passive, and 35 passive.

Most Kensei skills require full rank 5 to be worth using, another passive ranked up to just function, or a combination of both.

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Autumn - 01-19-2017

That's a problem with sacred art and kensei skills, not with Sheath Sword then(http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4152&), Sheath Sword already plays up it's theme very well and there's nothing wrong with it taking up the rest of your momentum.

Its a 3m costing skill that is easily countered by moving around the opponent, something already greatly incentivised by Flank bonuses, Cheap movement(cranehop,demonhunter, lightning hooves,ect) Doesn't proc on Skills/spells that do not include a basic attack at 1 range.

Its too easily countered, the only actual reason to use sheath sword currently is to apply damage on enemy you hit with a sidecut/othermovement based skill and created alot of distance from to proc hidden cuts, which you put 5 ranks into.

Heck I'd be fine if it was a give /take relation ship

If sheathsword doesn't proc a hidden cuts, doesn't end turn, if it does, end turn.

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Ranylyn - 01-19-2017

I've thought about this in the past. Like a Kensei/Monk using Sheath Sword - Dragon Gale for Style. Even though it still works if you Sheath Sword second.

But the more I thought on it, the more I realized... "Is there a point to it besides Sheath-Skip (In PVE) or Sheath-Silent Spirit?" And I realized, "Honestly, it's largely about the style points, and I don't think it's worth it just for Style" so I never suggested it.

I personally don't think it's worth the work to do for just a few specific interactions.

Work?

Just make it consume 3m and not automatically end turn, it doesn't change anything else, it still has all the same style it had before.

If anything make the sheathed sword status disable the weapon that performed it until the status ends, AKA steal the weapon disable code line from arbalests....

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Ranylyn - 01-19-2017

It's not that simple.

It's not like there's a simple "end turn after use: Y/N" switch in the code. According to Dev, adding a toggle to riposte would be quite extensive due to the way that it's coded. I suspect a similar amount of work for this.

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Neus - 01-19-2017

It's not really extensive in the sense that it's hard for me to do, it's 'extensive' due to the fact that it would also require people to have to respec to spend the points they spent on Riposte. Which would also require some respec distribution gift. That might have changed since the last time it was asked (the game might not count SP spent if the skill isn't in the class list anymore, or there may be an antiquated flag now), but I am not sure.

Re: Sheathsword, not end turn. - Kameron8 - 01-19-2017

I like how it is now.