Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheathsword, not end turn.
Could we have sheath sword not automatically end your turn on use.

This would add some synergy for sayakensa using kensei hexers.

Sheathsword>silent spirit to force them to attack you to proc your sheathed sword.
I think that this is rather un-necessary, why would you ever do that in the first place instead of attacking and then using sheath sword.

Sheath sword serves it's purpose at the moment and doesn't really need anything like this.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Because in the described situation by forcing the enemy to attack you with your remaining 4 momentum after immediately sheath swording you have the chance to Crit on your quick draw response, Crit on your riposte, Eviter the attack, Gain poise from dodging, ect.

this could put you at enough momentum to do a follow up sidecut/attack/movement/ect.

most people won't stand in front of a duelist promo and let them eviter/dodge.

This trades a bit of upfront damage for a fun gimmick, Sheath sword costs 3m to use, thats enough, it shouldn't automatically end your turn.

I mean a dark samurai invoking a battle curse to taunt an opponent to reveal an opening in a reckless strike.

Also it not automatically ending your turn would bring alot of fun interactions to stylish battles.
The whole idea with Sheath Sword is that you're preparing a quick-draw stance, which means you can't do anything else or you miss your window.
And the way I see it my suggestion does just that

You prepare to strike, then use a non damaging, non offensive skill to taunt your opponent, they strike, you counter.

Instead of waiting for the window that will never come, you create a window yourself.

The reason I feel this needs to be an option is that no opponent (other than a dumb npc) will ever attack you directly from the front after you've used sheath sword infront of their face, they will either Skip turn negating your possible quick draw, OR walk behind you through any of the multiple 1-3m movement options completely negating the quick draw mechanic.

this forces people to deal with the quick draw mechanic in a new way.

Heck I could see using sheath sword as a one use hit buff even. Thematically in anime/games/movies the katana wielding combatant will sheath their sword before going in for a precision strike.
I feel like having sheathe sword be given more combo and utility rather than attack/kensei skill and sheath would be a nice addition.

Although it is pretty stylish and cool to be using sheathe sword at the end in combination with hidden cut if that's the theme we're going for.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Can we atleast have quick draw trigger on enemy movement aswell or skip.Its annoying when my 3m+setup attack gets ignored.
Doesn't make sense for Quick Draw to trigger on movement or skip, considering you're meant to draw faster than them when they attack you.
The whole point of a quickdraw stance is to take ANY opening, whether thats them flinching, dropping their guard, breaking eye contact, making a telegraphed strike, disengaging.
That sounds really unnecessary. I like how Sheath Sword and Quick Draws works now.