NEUS Projects
Enchanting Idea - Printable Version

+- NEUS Projects (https://neus-projects.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Sigrogana Legend 2 (OOC) (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://neus-projects.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Enchanting Idea (/showthread.php?tid=4470)

Pages: 1 2

Enchanting Idea - Yashatari - 04-16-2017

I want to suggest adding a 2nd enchant onto gear!
Weather this is limited to weapons or armor, Idk.
As the first thought i'm sure you all are having regarding this, I plan to suggest a draw back as well.

This is what i'm thinking...
It'd be pretty neat to see two enchantments on a single weapon or piece of armor, Like a Giant Rampage weapon for example, Or a +Resist/critevade armor.

Now for the drawback, It'll have half of the original effect.
As for how the game will register which enchantment gets the nerf, You'll need to change the enchantment table a little bit. When applying a catalyst, Instead there will be two slots now, One labeled Primary, One labeled Sub.
On the Weapon it self, It'll need some tweaking as well but i'm sure it's doable.

Optional
If this goes through, I was thinking of making this type of feature only doable by the Zeran race since they have the +1 enchantment perk. We all know that perk is barely utilized since practically every race can do any profession, But since this would be unique and a difficult task to accomplish...It would even play into their Ego that they typically have.

I just think it'd be nice to have that extra layer of depth to equipment variaety.
With a sub-chant slot at half effect as well, We might start seeing less used enchantments start getting used more.

If this does go through, How does this Impact PVE!?
Well, it's pretty easy if you got a good build as it is, This will just make it even easier.
I'm not really sure how to suggest a way to counter this, But perhaps have random enemies be Enchanted Starting from level 30 and above. Like giving foes leviathan to make them a bit more difficult, Like the Mutation(Assassin, Steel for ex.)

Re: Enchanting Idea - Reikou - 04-16-2017

"Yashatari" Wrote:Optional
If this goes through, I was thinking of making this type of feature only doable by the Zeran race since they have the +1 enchantment perk. We all know that perk is barely utilized since practically every race can do any profession, But since this would be unique and a difficult task to accomplish...It would even play into their Ego that they typically have.

Thats kind of a big middle finger to all Non-Zeran enchanters out there. They already need to work harder and devote themselves more to the craft to reach a similar level to Zerans, and now they can't even do their job properly? Sorry, but I'm seriously against this part, and if this were to be put in there would be no reason for anyone besides a Zeran to learn the skill.

Re: Enchanting Idea - Lolzytripd - 04-16-2017

I'm okay with more enchanting, aslong as the difficulty of enchanting increases by atleast 50% of the previous enchantments difficulty rounded up.

this would stop silly shit like vorpal +rampaging

Re: Enchanting Idea - Snake - 04-16-2017

I'm also okay with this on Lolzy's terms.

50% more difficulty, 50% less effectiveness. So a vorpal + rampaging would only eat away 5 defense total, depending on the weapon, while getting the full benefit of that 10% vorpal chance. Or rampaging + vorpal, where 10 def is shredded, but you only have 5% chance to vorpal on crits.

Re: Enchanting Idea - Grandpa - 04-16-2017

I honestly don't think I'd like this at all, even with 50% less effectiveness and skill increase requirement. Even with less effectiveness, it's way too good.

Re: Enchanting Idea - Lolzytripd - 04-16-2017

I think its only an issue with the big omg enchants like holy+vorpal, Bleached fang+hp

Things Like mutated/volcanic seed/blessed/jeweled arent bad at all mixed together.

Maybe if every piece of enchanted gear had an FP drain per turn associated to the enchantment

1 enchant> 1 fp drain
2 enchant 3 fp drain
3 enchants (you sick zeran) > 5 fp drain

per turn

Re: Enchanting Idea - Autumn - 04-16-2017

What? No, not necessary, the enchanting system is fine where its at imo, so I have to disagree with the idea in its entirety.

Re: Enchanting Idea - Snake - 04-16-2017

Well, it's indeed not necessary, thus a suggestion.

Re: Enchanting Idea - Chaos - 04-17-2017

If the '50% effectiveness' was replaced with 'block out a ton of all-around good enchants from going into the second slot', then I think we have something that can work.

Re: Enchanting Idea - Sawrock - 04-17-2017

I think that yeah, this should only work with certain enchants/curses, and on weapons only (until we get more body enchants). Those being-
Rebelling
Divine
Floating
Blessed
Reaper's
King's
Fated
Parasitic
Demonic

In addition, to do a dual enchant, I think it should add 1 difficulty to the higher of the two enchantment difficulties.