Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Halloween Event] The Forest of Fears
I was the Trailblazer- let me give his POV

It started out pretty chill, and one of the biggest takeaways for himself in the beginning was the stepping up and trying to get a voice of calm out there; whether he was successful or not would be left to the people involved to decide, but he was glad to see individuals taking leadership roles. He wasn't usually one to toss coins, lollygag on multiple decisions to take, or what have you, but this time he tried to be more reasonable; waiting for everyone to speak their minds before ushering towards a choice. When they headed North, he faced the constricting darkness without much issue; he had never been one to feel awkward in breaches of personal space, nor was the individual he ended up seeing make him lose his cool or become complacent with a feeling of safety.

It wasn't until they had moved east and went through their second huge illusion ordeal; even the falling could not step up to his unbridled fear in what he experienced in the monster's personalized nightmarish scene for him. He steeled himself, despite the pain and the sorrow, ready to take on the monstrosities the beast had let loose upon them afterwards.

In the end, once they chased the beast down, his team would be the first to go in; doing quite a number, at a great expense. He nearly died to the beast and stood strong as it failed to strike a killing blow upon him; afterwards, he and two others from his team were out for the count, mentally, physically, however it happened to be.

The aftermath saw Damian reeling everything back in for himself, trying to get people ready to leave, helping the Cynic to the Sanctuary in Cellsvich; all that good stuff. Whether it's a detriment to his mental health or a boon, he did not see his suffering to be on the same level as those he went in with; he took the sights of their faces as signs of the extreme horrors they faced and also imagined what immense pain those before them could have endured before the end. While he bottles his experiences up and views them as miniscule in comparison, he walked away with a newfound understanding of his resolve and what it would take to break him; he may not be as scarred as the monster might had wished, but fear alone can't stop a Trailblazer.

(OOC)

Loved the event and it was my first! What an introduction to the careful and tuned construction such as this. I enjoyed myself immensely! There were times when it felt like the number of players may have been too much for an event like this, but also times where I couldn't help the need to think how much different it would look for other people to experience! The narration terrified me, not necessarily for my characters sake but others; seeing the fears from a player's point of view was frightening and eye opening. At the time of the event I couldn't think of a great, underlying fear for my character other than what others had seen be personalized for him; so hopefully he can revisit an event like this to test his resolve again with new, propped up fears!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coleblahski's post:
  â€˘ WaifuApple

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Halloween Event] The Forest of Fears - by Coleblahski - 10-23-2020, 07:49 PM