Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Unban Appeal for Stains
  • Game you were banned from: Sigrogana Legend 2

• In-game name (key): Levianaught

• Reason you were banned: Banned for walking away from a conversation that I believed was well over.

• The length of the ban, if you know: 24 hours approximately.

• Who banned you, if you know: I have no idea.

• Why we should unban you: I don't care about being unbanned, 24 hours isn't a big deal, although it is rather annoying. The real reason I am posting is to 1: Explain what occurred in detail, and 2: Give my concerns on the abrupt manner I was banned.
    So I was in Dormeho. A friend of my character came up to talk to me, and we did so at length (I am a lich by the way.) I have a book club I've created for my guild that I'm going to have a good number of players come and attend this Wednesday, about five people so far. Anyways, I was finishing my conversation up when another character showed up. They purported to be some guard (Can people be guards in the world? That makes literally zero sense to me. I am not aware of other players having 'authority' over other players. Sounds like severe favoritism if this is real) and that they were there to WARN me about making jokes. Literally they were threatening my character with jail time because I made some low brow, PG-13 evil jokes. My character, being an evil lich, makes dark jokes, but I have never said anything depraved, or actually EVIL. (Stains is more of a joking kind of evil, sarcastic type. Anyone who plays with him, literally knows this. This person who wanted to arrest me has and never will play with me again.) The worst Stains has said was that he kept orphans in cages, but this was quite obviously, and I mean this in the most serious of statements, obvious to everyone with a brain, a joke. In fact the person I was joking with at the time WHEN this joke was stated, IS A GUILD MEMBER OF MINE. So, original sub-text laid out, this woman comes up and starts acting like she can arrest me because I am a lich (She straight up says no one would care if she threw a lich in jail, AKA, I am going to power play your character into jail now.) and that I have to follow what she says no matter what, to a T, as if she is the authority in the world. Which is stupid. No one player is God. I laughed in her face, and called two of my guild members to stand at my side to basically say, 'You can't push me around.' She kept pushing it, and I said if she tried to touch me without provocation, I'd immolate her completely, on my own terms. That was her signal to suddenly rally people to assault me, arrest me, whatever. It's 2 in the morning where I am RL. I had just finished my conversation with my friend.... I don't care about some 'mortal' lady, who thinks she can tell me what to do. So I RPed that I teleported away with a laugh because it was stupid of her to approach me in the first place. She literally was looking for a fight, and was going to have it any way she could get it.She wanted to throw my character in jail, no matter what. And guess what. I guess she kind of got what she wanted lol.I was banned shortly after this incident without warning, without a message prior, and without any prior context afforded to even understand why this was the decision made. I don't know about you, but I do not like being written into a hole by other players, just because they dislike my players RACE. Yes, I play a lich, but that does not mean I am a target bullseye for the ire of every shining knight in the sun. In fact it makes little sense since Shaitans and Reapers walk around, rather unmolested by society I might add. Just because I'm the one lich who makes sarcastic jokes that toe the line of good and evil, does NOT mean I should be getting BULLIED IC by players who just, want to get their jollies off trying to push my guy around. That's what just happened about an hour ago. I was bullied into a mock confrontation, and when I bowed out because it, NUMBER ONE: Had no real engaging moments that needed me to act in a manner that I felt I would need to DEFEND myself in, and NUMBER TWO: I am a lich. I am a being of pure arcane energy. It is in my friggin description that I can teleport anywhere and do just about anything given the fountain of power I wield. Me teleporting away from several 'guards', does not seem like the end of the world for the RP. I was tired. I was being ganged up on in a weird manner IC, and the reasons were too thin and too loose for me to stick around any further. Being BANNED, was the last thing I imagined would occur because of this, so this is where I now have questions....1. Can players be 'guards' in the world, and how would I designate them as such? Is there a marking on them, or a designation? As far as I was concerned, this was a kid playing soldier, and the reality is, a lich would not listen to some dumbass in a uniform, regardless of their standing in society.2. If I do not desire combat, or being bullied around for literally no reason other than my race, how do I then stop such so I don't have to have a fight for no reason, with people who clearly wanted to make my IC time worse? I can think of no other reason for her approach other than an attempt to hinder my gameplay and make it less of a good time for me. Which she did, as she apparently immediately reported me when she didn't get her way. Very mature!3. Is it protocol to be banned without warning or reason, even without prior issues? It would have been nice for an admin to approach me on this, and ask me about what had occurred before being shunted out of the server without any word on the matter. I had to dredge up this forum and make an account just to have my voice heard. That's not very cool.4. This is the deal. I am not going to LET, someone pretend me into jail just because they don't like my character. That just isn't going to happen. I've worked hard in the past month to get my guild and to get my house, all earned with gold on my time. I'm not going to let some assholes ruin that time just because they wanna RP, 'Take down dah bad lich man' When I literally commit ZERO crimes. I am probably one of the most reasonable law abiding citizens in the game, actually. Any acts of evil my character purports have ALWAYS been mentions from the past, or in jest to his friends and mutual colleagues. Period. There is no question of this. It is a fact.5. That's it really. I said my piece. You can keep the ban up if you want, it's not a huge deal. All I wanted was for this whole thing to be slapped up for someone to read. I appreciate whoever does read this through, I do feel my concerns are valid, and that given my time in the world, that my time should be valued as well. I do not like my time being snatched away like something that I didn't work my ass off to have: I grind my ass off in the game, and I deserve my time in my house, with my guild, with my friends. Not on the bench because some jerks wanted to play cops and robbers when the robber was just walking home, not committing any actual crimes...Thanks for reading!
[-] The following 3 users Like levianaught's post:
  • Noxid, Perdition, Snake

Messages In This Thread
Unban Appeal for Stains - by levianaught - 11-24-2020, 07:45 AM
RE: Unban Appeal for Stains - by Slydria - 11-24-2020, 08:20 AM
RE: Unban Appeal for Stains - by levianaught - 11-24-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Unban Appeal for Stains - by Slydria - 11-24-2020, 08:41 PM