Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle for What, Battle for Who
"I have never seen a war where it was a win for both sides."

(An AU, For a time where things were never peaceful.)

The battle was wearing on and on. It was difficult. Blood was everywhere, both golden and red. As Glykins and Kaelensians, Humans and Zerans, all of them fought, fought to obtain the last remnants of their gods. In order to gain the blessing of those that died and abandoned them, they would ravage the world that the gods made superior for them. If it were, the gods would most likely shake their heads, but it was not to be. Instead, it was simply a bloodbath, where no one would ever look back and realize this was the correct choice. However, when has war ever been 'correct' to the normal mind? For a god, perhaps it might be best for the world, but for a mere mortal...

[Image: b9f4921751.png]

Squelch!

A Heron was shot down, landing onto the ground with a thud. Crumpled and beaten, the angelic figure's once white uniform was now dyed completely red. He cursed quietly to himself, trying to push himself back up. He couldn't die here, not now. He had someone waiting for him, someone who was probably fighting just as he was! Slowly rising to his feet, he grasped at the things that impaled his chest and knee. Yanking them out, he gasped in pain, but decided to ignore it. Slowly, the injuries began to heal on their own, whether through a blessing, or through some other magic, but he continued onwards.

Declan, that was his name. His love, his life, she was separated from him. She was a Zeran, and he a Heron. Though, he masqueraded as a corbie. With one eye already taken from him, he couldn't stand to lose anything more. Collecting his sword that dropped down with him, he stretched his wings and took to the skies once more, hoping that he wasn't too late.

He hoped that, wherever she was, she was safe.

[Image: 395c417cf0.png]

Slice!

She lethally swung her great sword, the one covered in coppery liquids. Cutting down yet another human who dared stand in her way, she took a moment to pause, a mad grin on her face. When she was like this, she entered a sort of battle-lust. Where, and when, she was like this, she would attack anyone who was nearby. A berserker, in the most simplest of terms. Yet, she was here to fight, as well. Even if many called her mad, even if many called her insane, she still fought for something, just as everyone did in the war.

She fought for power, the power to be with the one she loved. If it was wrong, so be it. Why would they be taken away from each other, just because of their race? She couldn't fathom such a problem. Even still, she continued to fight, on and on. Everything became a blur, long ago. Her injuries were nothing to her; her body's fatigue a mere whisper or suggestion to her mind. If it was true, that they should never be together, why would they allow themselves to be brought before each other in the first place? She had no idea, no idea whatsoever.

She knew she was becoming tired. The humans were 'weak' in comparison to her, but they were numerous, and very smart.

STAB!

[Image: a2c5b43c97.png]
She paused, staring downwards at her chest. Something was protruding from it. How strange. Slowly lowering her sword, she glanced backwards, to see who her attacker was.

[Image: c44aa582a5.png]

What stared back at her was either a Heron or a Corbie, perhaps even a Phenex. Yet, in her dazed mind, she swore she saw someone else. The grey hair, the white wings, the sword itself. She just smiled at the person, laughing quietly and bringing herself away from the sword with an intense amount of effort. Turning around, she dropped her sword and suddenly embraced that person.

"I miss you...,"She murmured, as blood poured from her injury, her mouth. She ignored as the woman gasped and commanded her off. She ignored when she was stabbed, over and over.

"I'm... Sorry."

"I broke the promise..."

[Image: 435857512f.png]

"Why are they fighting? It hurts... Ow! Ow ow, please not like that!"

The grimalkin let out a whining noise as her injuries were tended to. The Grimalkin nurse that was taking care of her just shook his head, continuing to wet and wash the injuries each one carefully.

"I couldn't tell you, really,"Spoke the Grimalkin, his golden eyes scanning through the several people who were waiting to also be looked over. The small hospital was flooded, due to the patients coming more and more from the battlefield, some even coming from being caught in cross-fire. Cease fire would never come, it felt like. He sighed, going to wrap the injuries, next,"They fight for something they don't even understand, I feel... But what am I supposed to know, huh?" He chuckled a little bit, his droopy, tired eyes staring upwards.

He felt desperate, desperate for the battle to end. Desperate, for the world to stop coming to chaos. Yet, he knew that it wouldn't end, no matter how much he prayed to Long Tail.

"...I shall pray once more,"He calmly murmured, before standing up and leaving.

Messages In This Thread