Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: January (2015)
I've a question which has been raised compliments of an in-game "Lore Blurb" I received once:

The "Lore-Blurb":
Creatures such as dragons and wyverns are very much feared, even if they the former is scarce. Dragons are said to have been born from the spirit of the 'true' dragon, which many scholars believe to have been a God. This spirit was trapped inside an artifact called the Dragon Mirror, which was destroyed during the massive world-shaking that occured during The Enlightenment. Each shard of the mirror released the dragon's spirit all at once, but as it was shattered, each piece isolated a different aspect of the Dragon God, irreversably dividing his power among many refractions, leading to the different types of dragons that exist today.

What I Know:
From what I understand, The Enlightenment was basically when the Gods revealed themselves to the world and came from the Void. They taught humans many things as a result and became patron deities for their respective races. That being said, I've always been under the impression that ALL Gods arrived during The Enlightenment but... This does not seem to be the case? I also assumed the Lore surrounding the Fox Deity to be mainly Myth or some "Lesser-God" who came during The Enlightenment, given that there's no clear Lore on its origin (none that I know of at least).

Questions:
1) - If we're to assume the "True Dragon" is indeed a God, does that mean that not all the Gods arrived during The Enlightenment?
2) - If all of the Gods didn't arrive during The Enlightenment (or from the Void), then how exactly did The Dragon God become entrapped in a Mirror?
3) - Does this imply that maybe, there are some "Otherworldly Beings" which are not necessarily Gods like the others?
4) - For that matter, what TRULY defines a being to be referred to as a God in the first place as the "Lore Blurb" only somewhat suggests that maybe the "True Dragon" is a God.

Messages In This Thread